1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the MMORPG for me? **HELP PLEASEEEE**

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by littleark, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    Hey everyone, I am not new to games, but new to mmorpg’s. Not WoW though,I have played WoW on and off for maybe 2 years or so. I REALLY like WoW, and I think its an awesome game. However, I would like to know now is there any other mmorpg’s that are LIKE wow, and fun?
    So what I mean is, I am looking for a mmorpg that is like wow in that:
    - There are other people you can interact with like in WoW you walk around in cities with thousands of people
    - Leveling, and pvp. PVP doesn’t matter to much to me, as long as the levelling is fun
    - Basically it is like wow, where you can do unique things like fly around, level up tons of different things, and interact with hundreds of people, not just like mobs or npcs, but actual people that are playing.
    So any suggestions on a few mmorpgs that are like this? I am willing to try anything, as long as it has the same sort of basis as WoW. Thanks.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  3. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    I need a game that is OPEN land like WoW i guess.Something that is explorable and stuff, and you don't have to load everytime you want to do a quest, or go to another zone. so OPEN world, land and interactive with other players.Also an easy interface, i tried a bit (20minutes) of LOTRO and the interface looks ***... and a bit weird to use. Suggestions?

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Perfect World is said to be a lot like WoW in some ways, it's one of the top Free MMORPGs around and there are tons of people playing. Basically one load screen to enter the game then nothing unless you enter an instance... it's a huge world too.

5. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    So i looked at the Warhammer and looked pretty weird..... it looks almost exactly like WoW lol, so i may try it.

Basically i KNOW nothing can be like WoW, what i expect.

But i would really like a cool MMORG. Extremely nice graphics (like wow, some people may disagree but i think the graphics are actually amazing, eye catching)

and something where its just one loading screen, and its ALL open land. That would be kick ass. Suggestions?

6. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Runes of Magic, Perfectworld. Just to name a couple. But now adays almost every MMORPG is a "WoW Clone". Only because the way WoW is designed make it user friendly.

7. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Perfect World sucks, compared to Runes of Magic, but that's just my opinion, and there's most likely alot of people who would disagree with me. I'm not too interested in MMO talk at the moment. ESPECIALLY if it has to do with P2P games, Perfect World, Atlantica Online or some F2P FPS.

And Allods online is somewhat similar to WoW, except at end game. It gets very different at end game. You should try it. But it's also a game some may not like, and you may not like some of it's style, but, still try it. It's....different, for sure. How some things work.

Other than that, Runes of Magic is your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  8. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    Just sort of a second question, i guess im not really looking for something like WoW, or anything related to it i guess.

I am more or less looking for something maybe along the line of oblivion? You know, its first person, and a mssive map whatnot. never played it myself, just heard of it and tried it out. is there ANY games out there, that is like oblivion, but wow where you can run around anywhere?

or any game like oblivion, that ISN'T an online game that has a LONGGGG ass story and is fun? can't seem to find much myself, thats why im here

btw i like exploring and whatnot.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Perfect World has both of them qualities, great graphics and one load screen for the whole world and like I said before it's a huge world.

Defiantly no MMORPG's like Oblivion or any online game for that matter... vary vary few games are like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Morrowind(game before Oblivion) are the only games like it... other than that there is Two Worlds which has massive technical issues and bugs... really any other game doesn't fit because they are either linear or the game world is broken up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  10. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Runes of Magic hardly has loading screens too. And it's special effects are better. Unlike PW's effects that look like they were taken from some cheap and generic Chinese style but most likely Korean made MMORPG, AND it has less grind and better combat.

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Maybe the OP wont care but this is a request thread, there is no need to express your personal opinion about the games suggested, facts are good opinions are not because they tend to be biased(not say you are but in general) and it's the OP job to judge if he likes the game or not, not yours or anyone else.

12. slessman

slessman Big Brute

Credit:
    Well, there are a ton of games that would work for you. I play one called Ryzom that could work for you. There are few loading screens--usually when you are going to new areas via teleporting and not during missions. There is a multiplayer community and is really open. It is pay to play, but since you mention WOW I assume that you don't have a problem with that.

13. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    bump any other suggestions? Currently download RoM

14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ether Saga Online and Jade Dynasty(the world is split up but the areas are pretty big)

15. littleark

littleark BamBam

Credit:
    awww screw this im just going to try and find a fun game... i guess im not sure what im looking for, i will just play WoW private server, since i can't play a lot on weekdays cause of homework, so i don't want to waste money on it if im not playing a lot.

Any games that are exploration, not online, extremely long storyline, and fun? Game like oblivion maybe? i know im going to install Sims 2 =D

16. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I would not announce that you are playing WoW on a private server. You couldn't download Runes of Magic? I am trying to find a WoW replacement too:p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.