1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Need For Speed Payback Announced For Nov. 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Aaddron, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Today EA announced Need For Speed Payback from Ghost Games. Below is the official reveal trailer as well as links to more info.

For Info

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm honestly not expecting much. Need For Speed hasn't put out a good game in a long time, proceed with caution.

3. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I enjoyed Underground and MW. Kinda excited with this one but I'll keep in mind the reminder. :)

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'd assume the 2005 most wanted and not the newer one, right? See though both them games were 10 years ago+ now. Them were the last time Need for Speed was good, they've put out crap ever since.

5. Jelyn cruz

Jelyn cruz Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'll wait for this

6. Section 80

Section 80 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Lmao hopefully EA doesn't screw it up, the idea of more than just 1 playable character sounds neat even though in my opinion its just a copy of a good formula that GTA V did, the game seems to have a story like fast and furious lmao that reminds me of NFS The Run which I really digged, hopefully they'll make a The Run sequel.

As for NFS making crap after 2005, I'd have to disagree, sure there was crap like Pro Street, 2012 MW and Rivals, but the other games were pretty decent, Shift competed really well against Gran Turismo and Forza, I also had a lot of fun playing the multiplayer of 2010 Hot Pursuit and NFS Carbon for me is the third best of the series, behind Underground 1 and 2, the crew system, canyon duels and the composed music were simply the greatest thing for me. But I understand that's opinions and I respect them.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  7. Aaddron

Credit:
    I agree with Carbon, it's falls into that 10+ years ago category when they were still good. After that, they weren't all bad but none of them were really great either and a few were really really bad. None of them really captured the old days. I really tried to like Shift but it just wasn't enough sim for me and they just seemed to never get the handling quite right (in terms of fun) compared to other games like Gran Turismo and Forza.

I actually liked Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012). It's handling was absolutely garbage, I don't know what they did wrong but it's bad. Got use to it but jumped back in recently and was blown away by how bad it was again. I otherwise really enjoyed it... as a Burnout game lol. Was a terrible Need for Speed tho.

Opinions are indeed just opinions tho.

Section 80 likes this.
  8. Section 80

Section 80 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I understand that Shift 1 and 2 didn't get much praise by the fans because it was an extreme jump from arcade street racing to a legal racing kinda arcade simulator lol.

I used to make fun of 2012 MW by just calling it Burnout Paradise with licensed cars, the handling was a mess yea lol.

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yea it got caught in this weird place where a lot of Need for Speed fans didn't want it because it's circuit racing and a lot of sim fans really struggled with it for various reasons. It was solid for what it was but it had issues. The team got fired and has since moved on to Project Cars.

Exactly what it was! Which was great for a Burnout Paradise fan like me but yea that handling was insane, I have no idea how it's never been fixed. Horrible. They paid the ultimate price for it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.