1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft vs Perfect World

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 20, 2008.

Which game should be GameOgre.com's Best MMORPG of 2008?

1. World of Warcraft

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Perfect World

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the first match of the second round of MMORPG Showdown 3. Although the match will be officially be decided in the Review Directory, this forum battle will be for extra comments and will serve as a tie breaker if one is needed for the match.

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

2. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Slam dunk. World of Warcraft all the way. WoW is just to good to compete with a game like Perfect World. Maybe Guild wars but not Perfect World..not good or known enough.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Perfect World did win the Online Game Battle Tournament over this summer and is better reviewed than WoW, so it should have a good chance.

4. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    I dunno, Perfect World has more interesting quests, in WoW, all the quests are almost identical- "Kill ____ of this," or "Find ______." It gets really boring after a while.

Plus, the Perfect World game has a lot less grinding needed, you find yourself leveling absentmindedly because in quests, you kill monsters and earn EXP.

5. OgreNublet

OgreNublet Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Perfect World FUHTUHWUH!

6. WolfSide

WolfSide MMORPGer

Credit:
    hard to decide, but im choosing Pw because of less grinding, and pw is just more polished than wow. why? the quests in wow are kill this, and find this, metioned by
    weehut. And lets not forget,pw is free. :)

7. anigous

anigous BamBam

Credit:
    Perfect world just shooped da whoop, anyways perfect world engaged me more because of the quests and overall grind.

8. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  9. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Haha, YAY!! PW FUH TUH WUH!!!

The only part I don't like is the lack of focus on PVP or large scale battles... T_T

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    So far, Perfect World is beating WoW here and in regular voting.

11. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    World of Warcraft should win. Over 10 million subscribers and 2 great expansions says it all.

12. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Yes, but is it really better?

Or is it just the hype that's drawing in more users?

I tried WoW for 2 days, I really wanted to give this game a chance- I couldn't

It was basically Runescape combat with good graphics and some lil' perks- click on a spell, charge it, use it, repeat. Boring. As. Hell.

13. slayer42320

slayer42320 BamBam

Credit:
    Im going with WoW...perfect world is ok but WoW just blows it away in every area

14. slayer42320

slayer42320 BamBam

Credit:
    Ok then u havent actually PLAYED the game...WoW is NOTHING like runescape...WoW kills runescape

15. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    I know that, what I mean is that WoW is pretty much a click-and-pray-you-kill-the-damn-thing type of game. You target a monster, unleash a fury of spells upon it, kill it, collect the loot, and move on to the next sucker.

Gets pretty repetitive.

16. Xivioth

Xivioth BamBam

Credit:
    Perfect world is great.
    the only falwas are that some equipment is not shown on your character like capes or helments.
    but its friggin FREE. do you hear that blizzard FREE. FREE FREE FREE .
    besides its not a total gindfest PERFECT WORLD FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Thanks man, I totally agree that it's not a grindfest.

Also, in the developers part, they're talking about including that with a huge upgrade coming out in summer '09, I can't wait!

They're also talking about a graphical update too... maybe... @_@

18. Shizen656

Shizen656 Little Spike

Credit:
    What is it about a game being free? That's the common theme of THIS discussion (much as RS vs AQ:W had the theme of potential). What does it matter if it's free or not? You're comparing the GAMES, not the cost. If the fact that Perfect World wins simply because it's free, then that's a really unfair loss for WoW, because now your not judging the games on the games themselves, but rather the price.

Perfect World may be the best of the best for free games, but when put up against blizzard's behemoth, it may not be nearly as good, but since it is the best of the free, it gains the overall vote, and if that is the scenario then there would be no purpose in pairing free games and p2p games because you aren't giving them both the same chances.

Also it's very difficult to compare Perfect World to World of Warcraft because, much like comparing Adventure Quest: Worlds to Runescape, World of Warcraft has had more time to accumulate the mass criticism due to it's popularity. Honestly WoW has as many fan boys as it does haters, just in larger numbers. The only problem is because of WoW's popularity, people are more open to speaking out against it, as is typical human nature. As a result we see more people speaking out against the "bastard" World of Warcraft rather than the (relatively) smaller Perfect World.

I haven't played Perfect World, and depending on the results of this showdown, i probably won't. I HAVE however, played World of Warcraft, and while i'm not a drooling "Blizz Pwnz" fan boy, i do enjoy the game a lot. I made my vote on World of Warcraft, but since i haven't experienced PW for myself, i refrain from commenting on it's pros/cons.

Good day to everyone, and may the best GAME win.

19. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    OK OK- not to be condescending or anything, but how can you possibly know anything about a game if you yourself haven't tried it?

It's like a Pepsi vs. Coke competition and the voters haven't tried Pepsi.

20. Weehut

Weehut Spiked Club

Credit:
    Wow, I find this kind of sad that Avira AntiVir, a very respectable company, is now here, spamming the forums. That's just sad- I used to like Avira. Guess I'm switching back to Avast... T_T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.