1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

LF F2P MMORPG that resembles WoW's Combat in PvP and PvE

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by tsunamirs, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunamirs

tsunamirs Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The title kind of sums up my wants. I am looking for a free to play MMORPG that has the resemblance of World of Warcraft's combat style. Most of the Free to Play MMORPGs that I have played have been disappointing. Most of them had a combat system that was made so that the player has to stand in one position and spam one to any numerous amounts of buttons to achieve victory.
    What I am looking for is the style that WoW has, where you can jump and run around and still afflict damage to the target. Unlike games such as Guild Wars, RF online, and Perfect World. They all have: "Hold still in one place while you inflict melee and ranged damage". While in World of Warcraft you can run around in circles and still achieve the combat that is needed.

Although in those games you could still "technically" run around afflicting damage, but it is not as smooth as the performance of WoW. For example: on the games I have played, you would have to click or move to a different location, click on the target again, go back to your robot like combat pose and start afflicting damage, and run around and do it again... and in some games this reset the target's HP bar... If you have played WoW, you would know what I am trying to explain. Ranged classes kiting the target, and melee classes running around until their cooldowns on certain spells and their weapon swing coolsdown.

I'm still playing WoW, but I wanted to experience a MMORPG that was new to me.

Thanks in advance to all those who took the time to read my paragraph of summarization, and if you need any more explanation of what I am talking about, feel free to ask. I will try to explain it a different way, or even with videos. lol :).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  2. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Maybe Dungeon Runners? I was about to say Perfect World until I saw you already mentioned it:D.

3. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Ooo thats a tough one i would like to see more of these but from the games ive played i would have to agree with webber.

4. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    The only game I can think of is Legend of Ares because you can speed up your attack.

There's not many, if any, games but WoW that would let you do that. Maybe you could play WoW on a private server or something? That way it's free.

5. insanespoon

insanespoon DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    DUN DUM DUM he said private server

i would also recommend a private server unless you dont like insta 80.

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yea, we try to stay away from private servers of pay to play games due to legal reasons. They do exist, but we do not want any posted here. Private servers in general might can be mentioned in a conversation, but we don't want any details here.

7. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    I just said private server because that's the only place he can most likely get WoW gameplay for free.

8. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    True but still illegal.

9. eXoZmM

eXoZmM Clubbed

Credit:
    Just started playing Perfect World International, It is SO MUCH like WoW it's not even funny. You should play it, it's like a replica.

10. basch11677

basch11677 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Definatly Runes Of Magic its an EXACT replica of WoW lol but no alli or horde its all together the controls are exact and the classes are similar

11. esoes33

esoes33 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    have you treid dungeons and dragons?

12. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It's not anything like WoW.

13. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Perfect World and Runes of Magic.

14. Tinlau

Tinlau BamBam

Credit:
    Ooo thats a tough one i would like to see more of these but from the games ive played i would have to agree with webber.

15. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Runes of Magic if you want to get the closest to WoW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.