1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics for my project

Discussion in 'Gamer Creations' started by awesomedrako, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I'm making a game currently, but I'm using a fair sized sprite, with fair detail, and the easiest way I can think of making it look good and making the animations for it is to use Blender to model a 3D model of it. However, all this could take a loooong time (i.e. Years, maybe).

So, do you think I should use smaller, less detailed sprites, and get on with the programming?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2010
  2. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've downloaded blender myself and tried it for a short while and basically gave up. Its a complicated program, you can do a lot with it, but it will take you a very long time. Too long a wait for me, if I may say so.

3. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I will be able to do it, with enough tutorials, but it will take really long, and even when I know it all it will take an age to model a good character (and that's just ONE character), so you're probably right...

4. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Graphics are nice, but they don't make or break a game. Focus your time and energy on improving game-play.

5. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    was expecting to look at a picture when i clicked on this. lol

6. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've tried Blender as well, and it would probably take you a long time to design enough characters without help. I say go for the programming first and worry about the graphics later when you're sure how much time you want to devote to them.

7. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Programming should always come first imo. Try asking somebody on a graphics designing site to help with your project.

8. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    No point when I can make them myself. Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys, I've come up with a solution to Get Things Done though, so hopefully, I'll be making stuff much faster now :D.

9. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    yeah i would make it without blender but when you come out with i would start like a update with nicer animations and graphics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.