1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Debate: Console v. PC games

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by quinn, Apr 18, 2011.

Which are better?

1. Console Games

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. PC Games

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  3. Neither

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    I still feel that the pc will always be able to stay ahead technologically due to the ability to upgrade hardware and software whereas consoles take like I think about 4years to move to the next gen system.

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Just wrote a long post and it disappeared. BLAH!

3. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This is a bit shorter than before b/c I didn't want to that much again...but it still has all my main points.

There are many indie games for the consoles. This is espec. true for consoles with online DLCs. Requiring a license does not remove indie developers. It just means that they must prove to the world that their game idea is sellable and will be a good game.

I am not saying that PCs are not better than consoles. I would much rather have a PC than a console. But think about it, how many people have a console but not a PC? This debate I feel is more about the GAMING aspect of it. I feel that Consoles are a good deal for your money for the GAMING experience they give you. When you buy a console you aren't shopping for all those features you'd like in a computer, you are shopping solely for the gaming aspect and you know that when you are purchasing a console.

Also on a technicality even the most basic calculator is considered a computer...sorry. I had to say it. The geekiness in me was about to overflow and explode!

4. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    ok but still I can play games and do alot of other things why pay like 300 dollars for gaming only when a pc can be portable and do so many other things in addition to gaming.

5. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    What happens when that console breaks and you have to buy a new one? Most people don't have a clue about fixing their console, whereas the PC can usually be fixed by yourself in an afternoon. In addition, consoles are also nowhere near as endurable as PC. What I mean by that is a good gaming PC can often last you two generations, maybe even three if you tweak a part or two. Consoles on the other hand, must be continually purchased if you want to play the newest games. Plus there are always the new editions to keep up with. PC gamers can buy whatever good graphics card they want and be done with it. Console gamers.. first you buy the Xbox 360 Arcade, then the Xbox 360 Pro, then the PS3, then the Xbox 360 Elite, then the PS3 slim, then the NEW Xbox 360 Elite.. so much to keep up with. Contrary to popular belief, most PC parts are much more reliable than consoles. Plus fixing your PC is fast. Buy the part you need and fasten it all in. No sending your console off to the manufacturer for 3 months.

6. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Well I think for online consoles may take the majority in that area.

This is just based off of the people at my school. Most of them have internet. A lot of them have COD. Few of them know any PC games.

Recently (well this is a first for me) Valve has made it so that PC/Xbox360/PS3 can now link up with one another on Portal 2 Multiplayer online. This is very unique since in that instance you no longer have to all have the same console!

Hopefully this can break the barrier if other gaming companies.

Final verdict -- Consoles.

7. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    final verdict
    ---pc cause they will always be 1337

8. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Wait.. so just because less people are knowledgeable about PC gaming means that consoles are better? Hardly seems like a valid point to me. Considering all of the relatively unknown games that I'm sure you, as well as anyone else here, plays, I find it a little odd that you guys are trying to make the argument that popularity is the sole determining factor in quality. Getting desperate while trying to fight off the PC, the unquestionable king of gaming? :p

9. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    The person aboves me has valid points that the better your computer the better quality you will get which can result in a better gaming experience which we all would like to have but unfortunately sometimes are not able to. Also the opposite is true that with pcs we can lower the grpahics further bringing increases fps among other things.

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Should a poll be put up for Quinn and Lions to determine a debate champion or should a poll be added for the topic?

11. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    Yes we should get a poll.

12. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I didn't even know that you could add a poll after the topic had already been started.

As for which one, I guess I would say add it to this thread, less things to keep track of. See what quinn thinks first though.

13. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    quinn wins no matter what lions says

14. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Umm.. okay? The knock off of the original gaming machine wins no matter what I say? We'll let the vote decide that.

15. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yes,That is correct!

16. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    most consul games have a pc version which sometimes includes bonus stuff
    you just need a good pc

17. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    ^^^ This is where it's at.

18. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    It's actually the other way around.. most PC games are ported to consoles. Contrary to what everyone around here seems to think, video games are all developed on the PC. Therefore they are NATURAL on the PC, as opposed to when some of them end up sucking when they are ported to consoles. Plus game developers often are more comfortable with creating PC games because unlike with Xbox Live and PSN, they are not bound with rules and regulations, they can put time where it should be put.. into the game! And you really don't need that great of a PC to experience PC gaming. My computer is far from stellar, yet I am still able to play all genres of games, new and old, with a bit of messing around with settings.

Let's also not forget about the PC being the KING of MMORPGs, something everyone on this forum loves. I don't have time to go in depth, posting this as more of a note to myself. ;)

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, the poll has started. If you want to determine an individual winner, we can go by which choice wins:).

20. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit: