1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

HTML and iFrames

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by ogreman, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I just received a call from my cousin. The appointment of today has been moved to friday morning the 4th of may. I'll be buying a CD from a friend this sunday the 6th of may, so I'll be away for a few hours on sunday. I'll probably have an appointment on tuesday the 8th of may. On any other days I'll definitely have time for your css and html. So all I need is that email with the css file.

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    That and that HTML file right?

3. shugo

Credit:
    well, the html file i can pull of the server, but sure if you want to send the css and html that's fine too

4. shugo

Credit:
    I got a call from an uncle yesterday afternoon. I'm going to help him with some computer issues at his company today (I have an appointment at 15.00h local time). I am not sure what kind of problems he has, he wasn't able to tell me, so I don't know how long it will take, but I reckon that I should be back in the evening.

I'll have some spare time this evening and probably tomorrow. I may have things to do friday morning, but maybe not, I'm not sure yet, it depends on whether I'm the one who has to bring my grandparents to the travel agency, or my mother. I do know I''ll have an appointment with my cousin monday the 7th of may at 13.00h local time (so that's not the tuesday). As mentioned before I'll be away for a while this sunday the 6th of may. At any other days and hours I'm able to help you with the html and css.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, I will send those either tonight or sometime tomorrow:).

6. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah, I try to make the world a tiny-screen friendlier place, when I can :3

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, files were sent:).

8. shugo

Credit:
    I changed the html file.

-changed the reference to the right css file
    -removed the P tag around the iframe
    -set iframe width to 550 pixels
    -set iframe height to 700 pixels
    -set scrolling to yes

I tested the file with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels. I haven't tested it at lower resolutions. I used IE9 and FF4 to test the page.

More info available in the email that I send you. The latest reply contains the attached files (html and css). I haven't changed anything in the css file. All changes were in the html.

The changes aren't perfect, because there isn't a lot of room, but hopefully it is an improvement.

9. shugo

Credit:
    If it needs more changes, please note that I'll be away this sunday and I have an appointment on monday and tuesday. So wednesday will be the earliest day, that I'm able to respond.

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, thanks for your help:). I will test it tonight and tomorrow to see if it needs any changes or not.

11. shugo

Credit:
    Just got a call from my cousin. The appointment of monday has been moved to friday. I called my uncle and the appointment of tuesday has been moved to monday. So I'm free this tuesday, unless my uncle also needs me this tuesday.

I'll know on monday, if I'm free this tuesday. If that's the case, then I'm able to respond tuesday, else it will probably be wednesday.

Now I'm off to buy a CD from my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
  12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
  13. shugo

Credit:
    OK so you mean the entire page needs to be larger. If the framed page is flexible, then it may never fit, no matter how big you make that iframe. If its a fixed size, then every element in the css wil need to be increased in size, so there is more room for the iframe. There's a lot of elements in that css file, so that's going to take a while.

But my question is how big do you want the iframe to be? like 800x1024 pixels? or another size?

keep in mind that I mentioned before, that if the frame gets bigger the entire page won't fit on the screen, people will have to sidescroll, to see the google adsense banner on the right side of the page.

14. shugo

Credit:
    oh I noticed that the css file you send me is called styles.css, while the reference in the html was to something called drakensangstyles.css (or omething like it)

If you're going to change the reference, you naturally also need to change the name of the file ;)

perhaps that's what you didn't get.

You'll get a html page with text and pictures, but no style when the reference is wrong ;)

anyhow I'll know tomorrow if I have the day off this tuesday. If I'm free this tuesday, then I may be able to help you increase the size of all the necessary elements.

Butlike I mentioned before ^ please note that if I widen the page, then the banner on the right side will only be visible when visitors side-scroll (assuming they have a resolution similar to my screen resolution, or lower). Are you sure, that you want that?

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I change the name of both:).

Ok, the iFrame needs to be this:

"The size of the iframe (width x height) should be minimum 1000x1327 (with this height the recommended attribute for scrolling should be =”yes”) or 1000 x 1836 px. 1836 px is the max height of one of the subpages."
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

16. shugo

Credit:
    OK so you're asking that they side-scroll on the page if they wish to see the banner on the right side of the iframe

If it needs to be 1000 pixels wide, then the main container needs to widen by at least 450 pixels. 950 + 450 = 1400 (that will be the width of the entire page)

I may be able to work on that tomorrow, if I'm free. Right now I have to go to work.

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, it need to be wider. Ok, sounds good:).

18. shugo

Credit:
    OK increased the size. Files were send with email.

The changes are explained in the email.

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Thank you, Shugo:).

20. shugo

Credit:
    You're welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.