1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Beat Hazard + Ultra

Discussion in 'Indie Games' started by Drama, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    [​IMG]

[Click the Image above to read the following quote I will provide on Steam's Website]

WARNING! WARNING! I am going to mention this first before you read any further. This game is NOT for people who have PHOTOSENSITIVE SEIZURES. The game uses full strobing effects. This is also mentions upon startup of the game just for a reminder!

This is the link to the Ultra addon.

If you want all the spec requirements go to the steam page. Make sure you check that before you buy this game possibly.

Now this game is for people who love their music....and their games!

The game was developed by Cold Beam Games and can also be played on the Xbox360 which can be bought with Microsoft points.

Alright now the aim of this game is to 'survive against your music' basically. I'm not sure how else to put it really :). You fight ships to the beat of your music. When the vocals go down, you are limited on how powerful your ship is. When the vocals are at their max, not only will you shoot faster, but the enemies will move faster so the difficulty increases depending on the tempo of your songs.

The game also supports achievements (But uhm....if you know me you already know how I obtained this game.) So if you love achivements there are over 40 to sink your teeth into and the best achievement of all! Beating all of your music. Now if you have 100 songs or so it won't take you all that long. But I have several hundred sometimes nearing 1000. (I don't download full albums. Only individual songs)

Now what I have explained is a weak version of the Normal Mode of the game. There are also 3 other modes which can be played. Boss Mode - You basically fight the bosses in the game. Oh and I should mention, more bosses appear the faster the tempo of your song. Sometimes you get 1. Sometimes 3. Sometimes none at all. The game's AI is a little random with sending out waves of enemies to you. It isn't the same every time.

The 2 other modes are survival - you survive til u die and Chill Mode - this is training basically.

Alright I can't/don't want to go further. There isn't much to this game but it will surely keep you entertained :).

However :) I am going to leave you all with a video of this game that I created. It has sound from the game. As you collect Vol powerups the volume increases. Power=how much damage your ship deals. When it says Beat Hazard at the bottom of the screen that Power and Volume are maxed.

[video=Beat Hazard Ultra - Fly Away Now]4206[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Drama

Credit:
    New video up. Best Quality I can get of the game :)

3. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    nice game there :)

4. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Pretty cool game, btw very nice vid mate :)

5. Drama

Credit:
    ty. No commentary but the game about the music after-all.

Sorry if you guys don't really like anime music. I like the song atm and I think it feels appropriate for a ship flying around :)

6. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Looks nice, Ichigo:).

8. Drama

Credit:
    Thanks ogre :)

9. Drama

Credit:
  10. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :eek: the strobe made me dizzy

11. Drama

Credit:
    yea even if you don't have seizures, fullscreen/tv gameplay makes you dizzy.

After about 30-60 mins you wanna give yourself a rest/swap lol.