1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

game reviews

Discussion in 'Lists and Directory' started by Glorious, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glorious

Glorious DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    hellote everyone, recently i found out how much i enjoy writing reviews about games, it allows me to write down how much some of the games pissed me off. however, i am certainly going to write how much i enjoyed playing some games.

but here's the thing, most of the games listed in the game review directory are either new/newish or online, and it makes me sad that those arent the kinds of games i am usually playing. so as a result, i am quickly running out of games to write reviews about.

so, the point:
    aaddron mentioned to me that i can add games to the game review directory myself, and so i was planning to add a whole lot of games.
    but the games i was planning to add are usually from around 1997-2008 (i think) and i think they are mostly single player games (with probably some exceptions here and there).

so i wanted to check in with the admins/moderators if that is alright, maybe there is some policy about older games or some such i am not aware of. i want to see some kind of a green light, a permission to continue with my plan, as i dont want to be stepping on anybody's toes.

p.s.
    i am quite aware that FrendlyLeBlanc made a similar thread here, but he has been around a lot longer than i have, which is why i made this into a separate thread.​

2. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I don't know if singleplayer games have a review place for themselves, I think that only multiplayer ones are listed here. So you'll have to wait answer from somebody else. But I'd love to see that too around here, since there are lots of great SP games.

3. Glorious

Credit:
    indeed, that's what i thought, i've played a dozen great single player games, so that's why i made this. dont wanna go and do stuff without permission.​

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  5. Glorious

Credit:
    thanks for clearing it up.
    maybe the 'video games' should be renamed into 'offline/single player games' to prevent confusion? i was really wondering what was that group about. i mean, arent all computer games video games/​

6. Glorious

Credit:
    today i will add the following games:

age of wonders 1
    age of wonders 2
    megaman x series
    megaman zero series
    heroes 3
    planescape:torment
    icewind dale 1
    icewind dale 2
    x-com apocalypse
    call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth
    netstorm

since these are mostly single player centered games, i will be adding them to video games folder with the exception of planescape and icewind dale 1-2, these i will put into retail RPG and i will put netstorm and x-com into retail RTS.​

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ah, you submitted these to the Directory?

8. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Great idea,i will submit some games,i already have 2 or 3 games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.