1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

WoW vs. Runescape

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Jan 30, 2010.

Which MMORPG is better?

1. World of Warcraft

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. RuneScape

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the final match of MMORPG Showdown 4. Although the match will be officially be decided in the Review Directory, this forum battle will be for extra comments and will serve as a tie breaker if one is needed for the match. World of Warcraft and Runescape battled last year, but this match has considerably higher stakes.

World of Warcraft

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/reviews/*Vote_World_of_Warcraft.php

[​IMG]

vs.

RuneScape

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/reviews/*Vote_RuneScape.php

[​IMG]

2. Pire666

Pire666 MMORPGer

Credit:
    The old battle Runescape vs. WoW ^^
    Player fight that for years now xD

I hope we get a fair fight.

They are both great Games

For me

Go Runescape !

3. roadster778

roadster778 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    i r playin runescape for like 4 years now, guess what i will vote ;)

runescape all tha way

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Since this is the final match of the tournament, it will last two weeks instead of just one.

5. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    nuuuuu perfect world lost >.< oh well, for RUNESCAPE!

6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    There is no way that Runescape should beat WoW. Get a grip! Over 10 million players PAY to play World of Warcraft. That should tell something....idk maybe which game they want to play more?

7. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I voted for WoW!

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Please only review each game once until this match is over. That will make it easier to tell who is leading during the next two weeks:).

9. Necrotic555

Necrotic555 Big Brute

Credit:
    Runscape all the way!

10. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  11. blackvaultz

blackvaultz BamBam

Credit:
    it's funny i've played both and i just don't get how runescape keeps people playing it Hd version is nice tho
    anyways whoever plays rs is fine and whoever plays wow is fine but voted for wow cause it's losing:egypt:

12. anigous

anigous BamBam

Credit:
    I must have some hidden bias towards good games. WoW is missing something that Runescape has. I see a great game with a great skill base, and awesome game play, well this is coming from an avid MUD player.

WoW doesn't seems to have as much "depth" I'll say, but I just like the combat system of Runescape more. Anyways, it's twice as funny the second time Runescape wins.

13. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    WoW doesn't have much depth? Hello! Massive world, very good story, and you have to roam the entire world to uncover all the story! I think WoW is just slightly (okay, MUCH) more in-depth than Runescape. Have you even done every single quest, and explored every building in WoW? No. You just play Runescape.

And could you elaborate on how the combat system of Runescape is better? It just seems to me:
    A. If you're a warrior, you find good armour/weapons, you find a monster, you choose a skill to train (yes, there's SEPARATE combat skills for you to train, not a single one that affects accuracy, strength, AND defence, that could make it less of a chore to grind the skills), then you click the monster, and watch, maybe healing sometimes. Then you repeat all of this. LOTS. At least in WoW, you get skills to use, so there's slightly more strategy, and it's slightly more fun to watch the battle.
    B. If you're a mage, you find good equipment (and take forever getting a ton of runes), find a monster, then cast spells at the monster. This will be much better, but it doesn't take away the inherent problem of grinding (in fact, it adds a new layer of grinding to get runes), and you would get bored of shooting orange blobs at monsters soon enough.

Could you please explain how the combat system of Runescape is better?

14. Pire666

Pire666 MMORPGer

Credit:
    My opinion:

I like Runescape for many Reasons and it´s better than WoW in some aspects, but not in all.

Weekly Updates
    Everywhere playable
    9 Years of Content (Huge)
    160 + Quests with big storylines, from puzzle to fights ( I know WoW has more but you cant compare them, RS has much more quality there)
    24 Skills, 35+ MiniGame and much more that you can do with no limits.
    Membership has a very low price
    For me the Game has a big sozial side, because you do the most of the things with friends.
    Graphics is pretty good for Java ( Good Exemple )
    Great Death System (Makes the Game dangerouse)
    You can change the server and your Acc-Name without paying something

For the Quest Topic i have a good Quote here from a other Review:

The whole thing is Runescape + WoW = A Awsome Game !

Greez Pire

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  15. Smedley

Smedley MMORPGer

Credit:
    Runescapes combat isnt that boring, weapons have special attacks, you can use prayers to strengthen and protect yourself, and pointy things can be poisoned. And the quests are way more unique then WoW thats for sure, I bet no other game and compare to Runescapes quests, with its cool traps and obstacles (dodging swinging pendalums and balancing on tightropes) or epic boss fights.

16. sergioowns1

sergioowns1 Little Spike

Credit:
    Obiusly you didn't pk a lot in runescape, because runescape has a LOT of strategy, not just eating and watching your character fight, you need to know when to switch weapons, use prayers,specs, when to eat, pot up, and a lot more...

And the mage system actually..nobody makes their runes, you just buy them or get some from npc that drop them, and it's not that dull and magic it's quite fun actually, and btw no one wastes their runes on npc, they are used more in pvp

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  17. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    And how many of runescapes non-combat skills deviate from click and wait?

18. Eroket

Eroket Ogre Newling

Credit:
    It depends on what you mean by click and wait. If you mean click and watch your character do an action, then isn't WoW the same? Click a skill, do it, click another etc... Also, what non-combat skills in WoW do you not have to click and wait for? . I for myself have 99 woodcutting, a very click and wait skill, but the joy of that was that I can click, go watch a bleach episode or w/e and then come back. You can't really do that in WoW, even with the crafting and etc. Anyways, I'm a proud RS member and I love the game, hope to see a great contest here :)

19. komgred

komgred Little Spike

Credit:
    I have been playing a lot of MMO's over the year and I am ready to do some serious reviewing. It's nice to see people arguing about runescape and warcraft, the traditional warfare that will continue on for centuries. Last year I voted for runescape due to being biased but since I am a changed man it is deffo warcraft. C'mon warcraft is obviously a better game.

20. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am not sure which one has more players (Does anybody know?), But I know that WoW is an overall better MMORPG than Runescape. WoW is the game that singlehandedly made MMOs popular. EverQuest was big but not as polished as WoW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.