1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Best Language to Learn First as a Web Developer?

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by ogreman, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    The best way is to use something like Code Academy and start with basics like HTML and CSS. Then I would recommend PHP and a database language as a lot of GameOgre is built on that now:).

2. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    agree with that

first should be html

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Also, do something in the code every single day:).

4. kapiger122

kapiger122 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    It's easy to desing in HTML now i am moving on CSS and i dont know if it's hard or not . I will try PHP as well ty for recomendation

5. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I also recommend python it has really easy syntax and it has lot of options and ofcourse easy to learn

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  6. The best language to learn as a web developer would be HTML5 and CSS of course, because that's how you make webpages, and I would highly recommend learning about them from w3schools since it's pretty much a good resource, though codecademy does have great evaluations to test the user's knowledge.

Aside from HTML5 and CSS, Javascript would be the perfect scripting language to learn after understanding HTML5 and CSS, then I would probably recommend AngularJS after understanding Javascript.

Of course, that doesn't cover it all, because it's important to know other languages like server-side scripting languages, too, but HTML5, CSS, and Java would be the most crucial.