1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Debate: Console v. PC games

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by quinn, Apr 18, 2011.

Which are better?

1. Console Games

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. PC Games

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  3. Neither

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I play PC games more because I am on my PC more than I watch TV.

2. certifiedimmortal

certifiedimmortal Brute

Credit:
    With Consoles you dont need to worry about upgrading your graphics card or cpu, with the pc when ever a really good game comes out you have to upgrade them and they cost alot of money which is a waste.

But i would still go with the console. I find the community of the PC gamers are more widespread and there are more Free2Play games. :)

3. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Watch it- YouTube - ‪PC Gaming & Steam - Put other Platforms to SHAME with GAMES, RESPECT, & DEALS!!!‬‏

If you're too lazy to, I'll quote him for you-

DO YOU BUY A NEW XBOX 360 EVERY TIME THEY RELEASE ONE? I DON'T THINK SO.
    SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WE [PC GAMERS] BUY A NEW GRAPHICS CARD EVERY TIME THEY RELEASE ONE? WE DON'T!

great vid, you really should watch it

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Older games on PCs can be a real problem to get working:(. Different operating systems and drivers can make games unplayable on newer systems.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
  5. kashiegamer

kashiegamer MMORPGer

Credit:
    PC game allows games to achieve its whole potential, and at the same time allows the players to achieve theirs as well.

Games on the PC can be tweaked to give the best visual output that console games can never offer. The downside of this is that PC games tend to be hardware bound in the sense that if your machine ain't good, your game won't be either (as opposed to console games being hardware bound in the sense that the beauty of a game's visual is limited by the console playing it).

Also, games on the PC allow better player/end-user modification, which has created a number of new gaming genres (like DOTA) and game designs (The Elder Scrolls Series have been highly influenced by its modders).

6. Shade_Koopa

Shade_Koopa MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Console games I considered better. They run better and no need to worry about pc specs.

7. certifiedimmortal

certifiedimmortal Brute

Credit:
    I take my words back, the PC FTW :) MOD TOOLS WOOO

8. Double Negatives

Double Negatives Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    PC games are much better in my opinion. Not only are there a greater variety of games available (albeit some of lesser quality), but there are an even greater amount of mods for pre-existing games. A lot of people argue that specs are a huge issue, but most computers these days are able to run most PC games to a certain degree. This might mean a decreased graphic quality, but if you were just playing the game for the graphics, you probably wouldn't enjoy half of PC games available these days.

9. Seymorg

Seymorg Little Spike

Credit:
    PC

back in the day before computers really took over imo. i was a console gamer but now i pick up a controller after years and years of PC games and find myself lost sometimes.

10. El Monstro De Galleta

El Monstro De Galleta Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Had to pick pc because I havnt played console in years.

11. Plague

Plague DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    PC games have more flexibility than console games

12. I do enjoy console games since I can play on a controller, but PC games are generally more powerful and you can use a controller for PC games if you wanted to. Though I prefer console games, I think PC games are better.