1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Profile Post Stuffing

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This seems to have become a thing here this week especially. Basically it is new members posting here like they would in chat. The problem is that it drives everything down and it registers as no regular posts. I dont think it gives many points either. Had to tell one guy to post in the forum itself instead and he just did one LOL and left.

Please avoid doing this or I will just have to start clubbing whenever I see this.Use the forum or at least get 15 posts and use chat instead of Profile Posts. Dont mind the odd message from time to time here, but it does not need to be stuffed by one or two forum members in a day.

2. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I didnt use profile posts much,nor will :)

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    I use them mostly for announcements:). For others its fine to use occasionally unless its something like outside links.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Had a random quote today from somebody who hasn't even posted yet so looked into it more. Since this ability, like most features here, is based on user groups, profile posts can be removed from new members who do not post yet. Thus, this should be fixed now:).

If a member wants to make a profile post, they will have to be a New Ogre or better first. Yes, we should have done this a long time ago lol.