1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

MMO Showdown 10 - Counter Strike: GO vs. League of Legends

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by Aaddron, May 17, 2016.

Which is better?

1. Counter Strike: GO

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. League of Legends

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    NeSsQQuiCk likes this.
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Neither of these games are ones that'd I'd really enjoy to play... mostly because both communities can be quite toxic. I voted for Counter Strike: GO simply because I prefer it's gameplay a little more the League of Legends. It's faster and doesn't require a ton of learning... though it does take a lot to be good, just saying you don't have to understand many different characters and their abilities like League.

League certainly offers more overall depth. If MOBAs are your thing League is still cream of the crop but for me it's not worth the investment in time to learn. I'd rather play other games.

Both games are two of the most popular games on the planet right now. It's really amazing the audience both have and they are really thriving.

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have played both game a lot, for me its close call, but i pref League of Legends, i play league over 5 years, and i spent so much time, to upgrade my account as it is now.
    I agree with Aaddron, bad community is main problems for these game, except that league dont have some other big problem like CS, game is free and its cheat free (mby scripting but that should be fixed soon)
    I have feeling that RIOT take care more about LoL then Valve about CS. In LoL we have constant updates, bug fixes, reworks that make game better each year, as i recall all what Valve was done in last few years is, inserting Cold gun and hit boxes update, in same time period RIOT changed game completely few times .
    Also, mby and most important thing, i enjoy in lol so much more then in CS, i can play few games of CS and thats it, am getting bored, but i can play LoL for several hours and still its interesting

Aaddron likes this.
  4. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Played both games at pretty high ranks. I was Legendary Eagle Master in CS:GO few months ago which is third best rank in game, I got very good very fast since I took a 3 month break from League, but when I decided to return to lol I stopped playing csgo, since it is imposible for me to stay good in both games. Now Im close to being top 1% of the all league players and that's pretty high rating too. Overall I would say lol is better for me. Csgo is fun, but I got bored of it after couple of months. I play league for around 4-5 years and I took only 2 breaks from it. It offers new things to learn since updated are frequent and make the game more fun and there is always something to learn, you never know everything and that's what makes it the best multiplayer game out there currently, in my opinion at least.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Aaddron likes this.
  5. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Both games are great,as aaddron mentioned,both games have very toxic community,especially LoL,but,since i have played LoL more in last few years,i voted for it.My opinion is that the LoL has better e sports,it is more interesting,more strategy,more teamwork than in CS GO,for that reason,i voted for LoL :))

Aaddron likes this.
  6. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have to vote for CS:GO. It has amazing graphics,fast and fun gameplay,and I like shooters/FPS better. There is lots of intensity and it has a fair price as well many skins and fluid animation. Plus,the game is multi-player, and everybody LOVES multi-player! I do definitely! I like playing multi-player in Terraria,so then I started looking in to multi-player after Terraria and that started getting my love of multiplayer to spark and shoot through the roof. CS:GO multi-player is fun and I do reccomend trying CS:GO. I have never played it, but I love watching videos on it! ;) League of Legends is very fun too, repeat what I said about CS:GO that's my opinion about LoL :). I still though like CS:GO better.

Aaddron likes this.
  7. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Both games are very popular and very entertaining esports. Both games have big communities and great design. CS:GO is the best FPS, while LoL is the best MOBA. And I have voted for League of Legends.
    Why? Because I have been playing it for about 3-4 years, because it is a better strategy, because it is F2P, because it is harder than CS:GO and because it was one of my first Online Games. I played CS:GO few times, and I agree that it is awesome, but League of Legends is awesomeerr Kappa.

Aaddron likes this.
  8. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    After a five minutes of thinking I have decided to vote for a League Of Legends (most popular moba video game)First of all it is free video game and patches and fixes are common and Riot tries to make that game better and better every day.Also there are many giveaways and now there is hashtag crafting best way to get skins for free.Second I am playing LoL much more then CS:GO.CS:GO is also very good and popular FPS video game.But I dont know somehow LoL is better for me because there are much more things you can do, you can make you own mechanics and tactics,but in CS:GO all is same you have just to kill you opponents with gun.

Aaddron likes this.
  9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Great responses all! :)

Grawl and NeSsQQuiCk like this.
  10. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks I tried my best :)

11. xiZyzz

xiZyzz Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I vote for League Of Legends. Because i like more the animated graphics, and the third person view.

12. CarolusRex

CarolusRex MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I voted for League of Legends. First of all, I never played CS:GO because I don't rly like first person shooters, I'm more into RPG or MOBA games. League has rly toxic community but you can find chill guys/grills here and there. Also, Riot added Hextech Crafting which gives you free skins and champions...

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Although it could easily be the final, this battle will be next:).

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  15. ElZarid123

ElZarid123 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Of course League of Legends,yeah I know there are bad things on that game like toxic players,flamers and others.. But you shouldn't give attention on that kind of players,you should enjoy while playing LoL,just like any other game ! If you never player ranked games with some toxic/noob/flamer player then you never played LoL really.Also if you know how to play that game you could carry them.

16. djordje jockov

djordje jockov Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I mean that the league of legends better game for the simple reason that is not monotonous. The game has about 130 heroes that are available to everyone, and each is special in its own way. The game is more of a team spirit as can be seen in the popularization and position polling games in the world. I think there are several ways to get to the game due. I play the game since it came out in 2009 and from that day until today executed many of the changes that we jakosvidjaju au counter did not primetiod that progress .........

And in any case I never played any other game like it lol. I played before a crowd of strategic games that did not have the option of online gaming, and therefore I like lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
  17. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    League of Legends has the most toxic and salty communities of all games and that kind of ruins the joy of playing the game, but CS:GO has 50% of Russians so League of Legends is the best!!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.