1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting Friendships (MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by arikukoto, Oct 1, 2017.

1. arikukoto

arikukoto Ogre Newling

Credit:
    {{{DISCLAIMER}}}

If the title has peaked your interest ever so slightly, then please continue and read on!

Please keep in mind this is all my perspective and opinion.

As many of you know the mmorpg genre is dying, (but hey i don't know anything). You might have found that golden game that was the feeling of “i'm never going to stop playing this!” or “how have I not seen this game before!”. That's all well and lovely but days or weeks later you might find something lacking. It is one of the two main things in the genre. The MMO part of course. The essence of a game, to interact and react to other players, aka people. Sure you can join a “noob friendly” guild but from what i've seen, they just want more numbers and don't actually care for each player's well being. I'm not trying to say that every guild ever is like this but most are sadly.

And now the topic of games. Yes the most difficult and exciting part of MMORPG’s. People look for many different aspects of a game. For example, combat, story, quests, music/sound, gameplay, graphics and many, many more. Most MMORPG’s these days are F2P “free to play”. This can be deceiving because the company needs to make money somehow through elements of a real money market such as, cosmetics, mounts, boosts and sometimes gear. At this point people could call this P2W “pay to win”. There is truth to it. Instead of grinding your way up the chain, you outright buy all end level gear. Some players may feel cheated by this fact and for good reason. It gets to a point in a game like this where the “fun” has been replaced by the grind, so you are doing the same things over and over for days, weeks, even months to get a item. I get it they need to make money somehow, but at the same time, they kill their game.

We all know the internet is toxic. Full of people behind screens thinking they can do whatever.
    This is even worse in video games. It takes it to a whole nother level.
    Ok I could go on but time is precious to us all.

I am a 18 year old from Vietnam but am schooling in America. I have been playing games since i can remember. I then became attached to Japanese culture and of course anime. I’ve played dozens of games and there has never been one that kept me around. I no longer want to play a game just to play it. I now realize what i have been looking for. What i want now more than ever is to be around great people. It was never about the game for me, i see that now. I hope i'm not the only one that holds this feeling.

I ask anyone that feels the same way, let us band together and form everlasting friendships. Does not matter what game we play as long we all play it together. I am not looking to join a guild or such but asking for a fresh start. Thank you if you have made it this far, it means SO much. I have finally gotten around to making this. If you are at all interested, please contact me and tell me a little bit of yourself and your experience. I would love to read other people's perspectives.

Much Love ~
    Kirre

Ylber likes this.
  2. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    (I skipped)
    But yessy. I can grasp the point. Well we can be friends even without playing. There are discord servers, there are also communities and forums such as gameogre of course. And also there's Twitter :p

Lets all be friends~

3. Meoweapon

Meoweapon Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    That's why a lot of mmorpg are building in the social features.
    eg Housing, Mail, Messenger...

4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yeah I agree on the p2w part. Usually most f2p games tend to go into a p2w direction when they don't have the funds to keep developing the game and it's worse if it's a indie game company. A solution for F2p games would be maybe start a kickstarter if they have a idea of plan in mind but they don't have the money to execute it. But even then, once all that money is spent they need another way to generate income

5. Eris

Eris BamBam

Credit:
    wow i didnt even noticed that i had read all of this, hahaha
    I would like to join if i could but im too busy to play during weekdays from morning till dinner, then the rest of my night's time is already divided for my 7 hrs of sleep and a good 3 hrs of game for League of Legends. During weekends i placed my time for studying things that i want to know as i didnt finish my studies because of financial reasons and the quality of education is not good enough for me too T.T usually i play games in console while reading books in weekends. At night of weekend i watch latest anime episodes that i havent watch for a week and read some manga updates (as you know every week is the update of anime while its every month for manga)

I'm 19, and just like you i became interested in Japanese Culture and love anime things and gaming as such it started when i was 5 years old while watching the ending of Ragnarok The Animation 2003/4 ? i think and it made me cry from then on i pursue drawing and writing stories that touches my heart and watch anime that also touches my heart except hentai i watches them everytime i want too

I like MMORPG as i can met new people and i like the support job like "Enchanter" in "Return of Warrior", know Shiroe of Log Horizon? hes an enchanter too :D hahaha but he's not the reason why i like being a support :D

I usually play carry in games but i prefer to be a support more, i may not be able to join you that much playing but at least i can meet you once in a while, just let me know what game :D

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    There are a lot of great people out there just as there are bad people. Finding friends while playing MMORPGs shouldn't be too difficult, but be careful who you befriend.