1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Launched Today

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Aaddron, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It's so depressing to hear that. I've heard that Bethesda is waiting until the right Engine is out and running in order to start the next Elderscrolls game.

2. Masako

Masako Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Ah men that just means the game will have higher system requirements oh well:D.

3. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Yes unfortunately the news is not another 'skyrim' elder scrolls type of title until late 2018 or mid 2019. All devs were focusing on morrowing etc, and are going to produce a filler title before tjry start the next elder scrolls :(

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    ESO is done by a different studio. I believe it was last year Bethesda Softworks confirmed they were working on 3 big projects, tho they didn't name any of them. It's rumored the first one is a new IP, possibly a space/sci-fi first person RPG. The second is rumored to be a Game of Thrones RPG and the third would finally be TES6. How true any of it is anyone guess.

However this recent E3 Peter Hines stated that TES6 hasn't even started development and that Bethesda has two big games to complete before work on TES6 would begin. He wouldn't name either, just saying both will be big AAA titles. This timeline lines up with the original rumor that it'd be two games and then TES6.

Like I said it's a lot of speculation, who knows what's true. The facts are though unless they are completely lying to surprise everyone TES6 is third in line behind two big unannounced AAA games, so we won't be seeing it any time soon.

CaMo141 likes this.
  5. CaMo141

CaMo141 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Wow thats awesome i thought the filler titles wer
    Wow that's awesome! I thought the filler titles were only going to be of b grade potentially AA. I havent followed much of e3 this year though :/

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yea I'm really hoping they will turn out great whatever they are. If at least one of them is indeed a big full blown AAA RPG then at least waiting for TES6 wouldn't be so bad... still, I can't believe it may end up over 10 years since Skyrim before we get 6.

7. Bola_bola

Bola_bola Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    As far as I know, Bethesda is been busying for the past couple of days. I noticed that during E3. They've been silent about it cause they won't show too much hype. For me, that's tactics. Noticed that No Man Sky trailers showed almost all (specially parts that did not exist XD) we got hyped about it and in the end, we expected more and we were disappointed. Good thing morrowind isn't showing more like what happened to No Man Sky. They want us to expect less but in reality, there were more to expect.

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    It seems they are sticking to the strategy started with I think Skyrim, were they announce and release the game in the same year. They really should have skipped E3 press conference this year, they just didn't have enough and it left people really disappointed. Or at least should have thrown out some kind of teaser but they gave nothing.

Really hoping next year we finally get a new Bethesda game.

Bola_bola likes this.
  9. Bola_bola

Credit:
    even they did not show up, people will still find them in E3 and demand.

10. Aaddron

Credit:
    O yea for sure, they are way to successful to avoid it. It's just if you hold a press conference just to re-announce a bunch of old stuff and like one new game, people will get salty quick lol.

Bola_bola likes this.
  11. Bola_bola

Credit:
    oohhh I get it. well, you're right about people will get salty cuz they want new things in their plates( or collections) but I dont know why this generation want more new things. I was contented on Skyrim and did not ask for any new things. :(

Aaddron likes this.
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    For me it's because their is nothing like a TES game, Fallout maybe but even that is still different. I've been playing them for years and just want the next chapter, have played Skyrim a ton and just want a new world to explore, to get lost in. Other genres have a lot of competition, lots of other similar games to fill the gap but no one else really does first person RPG. No one else does TES. Been some great RPGs since Skyrim but I honestly don't think their has been even one AAA first person RPG... maybe I'm remembering wrong but I don't think their has been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.