1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Your Posts Were Deleted or You Lost Points? See Here

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    For anybody who doesn't understand why their posts were deleted, this is the thread for you:). This is also the place for mods to answer to try to correct the problem. Any posts that get too heated will likely be deleted as this is meant to be an informative thread that clears up any confusion:). Here are the most obvious reason why posts/threads are deleted and you lose points as a result.

1. Do not spam.
    2. Do not repeat other threads.
    3. Try to elaborate as much as possible. Sometimes just a word with spaces or random characters will be deleted.
    4. Do not transfer points between other accounts.

The better posts will stay and the more points you will get in the long run:).

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Basti, Grawl and milanbasket like this.
  2. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Is there a way we can check which exact post got deleted?

3. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I dunno how specific it is about which post when I use the option to notify about deletion, otherwise you would just have to look at your old posts and guess I suppose.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Just tested it, when notify about deletion is used it tells the user which thread it was in and includes a thread link too. It can't give you the exact post because it's gone. If you'd need further details you'd have to PM one of the mods for the section, we'd be able to tell you which exactly it is.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  5. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Ok. Thanks.
    I was wondering why were few of my posts getting deleted, but I couldn't find it. I will go like this next time. :)

6. Arcus_N

Arcus_N Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    2 of my posts were deleted about 20min ago. Why? :/

7. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    They weren't actually deleted, they were merged with other posts. You double-posted in those cases instead of just making a longer post or editing the new comment into the old post, since you were posting pretty much immediately after you already had.

Arcus_N likes this.
  8. Arcus_N

Arcus_N Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Oh. Ok then. :)

9. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Am the one who delete huge amount of posts in MOBA's VS forum, that is mostly because ppl dont read/follow rules, if any 1 has any question about that, feel free to sent me PM

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, I just deleted over 275 threads that were soft deleted. According to Pure, soft deleted threads and posts wont cost any points. Now that they they are hard deleted, they will cost points. Therefore, if you find a loss of points suddenly that is why:). These are not penalty points and nobody is in trouble. You just had threads that were deleted.

There should be no problems unless somebody has to act bad about it. In that case, they could wind up with no points very fast. We have a great community, but it has happened over the years. Those cases usually end with the trusty club coming into play unfortunately.

We are going to try not to let these mass deletions pile up going forward so this will likely be the worst of it. Thanks to everybody who understands this:).

11. Grawl

Grawl MLG King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  12. cugurovic

cugurovic MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    ty for information

13. StrahinjaStepanovic

StrahinjaStepanovic Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
  14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Had another one of these this week, but that is all for those type of deletions due to the plugin we had for it.

15. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Let me try to explain you how does deletions work, this is summary of all things that pure and Ogre said before
    When moderators delete posts, they preform so called "soft delete", that is basically hiding posts from public, so u wont see post, lose points or number of messages/posts.
    After curtain amount of time, ogre will preform "hard delete", completely delete everything what is "soft deleted". Then you will lose points and messages/posts.
    Depend of amount of posts, this can be done mby once per month, so u can lose points for posts that are deleted 20-30 days ago.
    Example: Basically, instead of losing 10 points for 20 posts in few days (10 x 20 = 200), u will lose all 200 points at once

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The hard delete will not be like before though:). If a certain forum gets too many etc you can send me a PM and I will take them out by hand. The last time we tried a big mass delete, it was not pretty lol.

17. ElZarid123

ElZarid123 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    When I was new on this forum I had a lot of problems with deleted posts,but I readed few posts about it and it helped me a lot.Branko now I understand all thanks for sharing this.

18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Also keep in mind that I don't delete many posts. If I delete a post, it is probably because it was out of place, overly negative, or could possibly lead to problems. I also delete chat messages from time to time for the same reason.

If I had to guess, Pure has the most overall deletions of anybody here:). That said, PMing him for more info is probably the fastest way to find out what is happening if you don't understand yet.

LjuboTCG likes this.
  19. LjuboTCG

LjuboTCG Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I
    It's helpfull to konw,thanks you

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, it good to keep in mind, especially for new members.

Just remember that effort goes a long way here:). The ones who do not get discouraged by deletions when they first show up usually do the most:).