1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Laptop or Desktop computer?

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by Rageaholic, Nov 1, 2011.

Shpuld this thread stay or close?

1. Stay

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Close

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Desktop computer for me ofc :)

2. DYLAN_ndc

DYLAN_ndc MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Desktop for gaming, laptop for waching movies.

3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
  4. Tin92

Tin92 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I think desktop is better because you have better performance

5. I would honestly say laptop. A laptop is a lot more powerful and useful than a phone, but more portable than a desktop computer. I never take my laptop with me anywhere, but it's useful to have a laptop in any case like if you're on a long vacation or if you want to play a game somewhere other than your room like the living room. I use a laptop and a portable console such as a 3DS more than my mobile device for gaming just because the games are a lot better than the games you'd find on a mobile device, and they're essentially portable because you can take your device anywhere you go.

6. Zalb33

Zalb33 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Laptop in my opinion is really good for a student or a business man and pc for gaming ofc.. spending double as much money for a gaming laptop with same specs as a pc is just not worth it lol

7. AlphaZii

AlphaZii MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I guess computer is much better when it comes to gaming and laptop when it comes to personal use.

8. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Desktop is easy to upgrade but laptop also has advantages such as easy to carry wherever.

9. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've always enjoyed a laptop computer but I definitely see the advantages of a desktop. It's just so simple to sit comfortably on your couch with a laptop and move it around your house as you see fit.

10. I find laptops to be convenient when you're just lying in bed in the morning. You just turn on the laptop and initialize your desktop, intermittently go back to sleep to get some extra rest, and work or do whatever you want without having to fully get up once when you're ready to use the laptop. It's more convenient than having to get up, press the power button on a PC, then go back to sleep.