1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Mods and Managers

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, we have stuff on Mods elsewhere, but going to include them here because this affects both.

Facts that people need to know about both:

1. PM me if you want to be either one.
    2. Mods and and managers must be active on the forum in addition to their manager or mod duties.
    3. If you get busy or lose interest what you are managing, please PM me and do not keep doing it.
    4. If you were active on the forum, but start to barely post and stop Events because not getting something from the shop etc you likely need to give up whatever you were managing because that will be affected to.
    5. Managers need to ask me before saying a tournament with restart etc because I am the only one who can do that.
    6. If you make a mess and you are given time to solve it, be willing to clean it up yourself.
    7. When the manager or mod obviously does not care about what they are responsible for and just gives a laundry list of excuses, I will remove them
    8. If too much mismanagement happens, do not be surprised by a stay in the Pit. Since people tend to blowup and leave when demoted and/or penalized, the Pit is the most logical place to put them at first:).
    9. If you are removed from a manager position, it was for a good reason.
    10. You are not responsible for others actions like getting others to play games etc, but you are responsible for your own actions.

The thing is that we seem to have to suffer from inactive members at the wrong time in the wrong areas. I have seen it in tournaments, trivia, and forums. If you have other responsibilities that is fine, but at least be responsible enough here to not let it hurt other people.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, been doing this some already, but will officially say it here:

if you are gone for a week or more without even saying anything, you will be removed as a mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.