1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Is PC better than console?

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by Ranko, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Ranko

Ranko Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Console is cool and i am big fan of console but this is something that i hate about them
    When new console come yours becume old
    Games are more expensive for console then PC\
    If you want to play multiplayer you need to pay like PS plus
    But this is cool things about console
    It is cheap beacuse consoles have good graphics and it is very cool that you can bring some consoles with you like 3ds or ds or PS vita.
    PC is also cool but it is very expensive if you want gamer PC you need to buy good mouse good keyboard good headset or good speaker good monitor good graphics card good processor good motherboard....
    But if you rich and have money buy PC it is in my opinion better

2. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Well, it depends what type of things you would like to do..
    If you want to play games like LoL, WoT or something like that, a solid pc would work for you just fine.
    If you talk about money, there's expensive consoles too, like pcs...

3. Ranko

Ranko Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I now but in my opinion PC is better but more expensive then console if you want gamer PC

4. AeToo

AeToo Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    PC is expensive but you have free games, for console you have to buy games

5. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
  6. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't really know, they're both equally as good for me. :)

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    They both have pros and cons. To me go with whatever has the most games you wanna play and wherever the majority of your friends play.

8. my name is unique

my name is unique Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    For me PC is better because i spend more time on PC.

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
  10. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    Both are okay lel.. it depends on the person if he/she will like it... :p

11. Djordje Badric

Djordje Badric DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I dont know but i like more PC

12. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It depends what you wanna do, for me there's some games that I can't play on PC (the developers chose not to add a PC port for some reason, probably cause they thought they'd make more profit on console than PC) and then there's games that play better and have better graphics on PC, having both is always a plus.

13. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    For me, PC is better since I need it in my work as well. Console would be for rich guys who have extra money to buy a particular gear for games.

14. Dragon Fable Old Player

Dragon Fable Old Player Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Pc is better because in PC You can save more money.

15. Shef

Shef Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    PC is better, just the argument that downgrades are made for consoles explain everything.
    The computer has more applications, more functions, you can customize it.
    Everything that can be done on the console can be done on the computer (connect the TV and pad). On the console you will not do even 10% of what you can do on your computer.

16. Personally, I don't think you could compare PC to console without going into the specifics (what time frame were they made, what OS do they run, how much RAM, how much storage, and loads of other things like how peripherals should be included). For instance, you could compare a PC made in the 90s running on nothing but Linux (which would probably be limited to Terminal-based games) to a modern game console with a large library of games and make the argument that console is somehow better. You could also make the argument, "but you could get a game controller for a PC rather than use a mouse and keyboard" even though that's not how most people use PCs. Also, I think comparing a device that's mainly for general-purpose computing to a device that's mainly for gaming doesn't make sense. I think there needs to be a premise for what the PC or console is composed of and how they're to be used, before really making a conclusion.

If I came up with a premise, it would probably be just about the games only, rather than the ability to do more than gaming, and it would probably be about comparing recent hardware (with peripherals that are typically used like keyboard & mouse for PC, and controller for console) as well to keep things relevant and not too broad. And to keep the topic more fair, emulation of console games on PC should be excluded from the comparison. Also laptops would be part of the PC family, and handhelds would be part of the console family.

If those were the premise set for this discussion, then I would probably pick console. Even comparing exclusive games, I would still pick console just because I have a higher tendency to play Nintendo games than things like Steam-exclusive games. I'm just not into Steam games as much, so gaming for me is mostly tied to a console.