1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by JaredOzzy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    We can use this thread as a discussion thread for the PS4 Pro.
    Eurogamer wrote a nice article on the PS4 Pro with The Specs and etc.
    Sony announces PlayStation 4 Pro for November 2016, priced £349

Specs:
    [​IMG]

What are your thoughts on the Pro? is it worth it?
    IMO im sticking with my current PS4, i don't think its worth buying the pro, unless you don't already have a PS4 but then i would still go for the slim instead. I don't think i will ever have enough money for a 4K TV or a VR so for me i probably wont ever look into getting one.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I had a /rant lol but it's simple as this to me:

Playstation - Wait for PS5
    Xbox - Wait for Scorpio release date an pricing
    Best Media Box - Xbox One S... it's a good price for a 4k HDR Blu-Ray player. PS4 Pro stupidly doesn't support 4k Blu-Ray
    Everyone else - Get a PS4 or Xbox One or One S... get a great deal, get both lol. Then save for PS5 or Scorpio... which ever platform you prefer more.

Dark Horse - Wait for NX, it's not gonna be a normal console tho or beat these guys on power.

PS4 Pro is a flop, I don't think it'll be powerful enough to do legit 4k an VR... it's gonna take shortcuts, I don't think them features are gonna turn out all the great. Once Scorpio lands then the gap between it an Pro will be wider than Xbox One an PS4 ever were... it's just not a place to be an I honestly think will lead to PS5 in 2018. Pro is a bad buy all around, especially when VR will require extra purchase. Wait for Scorpio or PS5 which will do 4k and VR better than Xbox One/PS4/Pro ever could. IMO.

3. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    there are going to be so many upset people and bad reviews coming for the PS Pro. They are rushing against xbox so they are just throwing something out that could have been 5x better.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm not sure what they are doing. It's very confusing considering the huge lead they have already. I kinda think Pro exists because they oversold VR an now need the hardware to do it without making everyone sick but instead of going all in they just piled together just enough. Idk, it's gonna be interesting. I'd love to be wrong.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Early Playstation VR reviews are positive. I still think in the long run it's not what it should be. I'm already seeing excuses, honestly it sounds a lot like Gear VR (though obviously better)... Gear VR works OK, it's kinda fun too but it has limitations that full VR does not. That doesn't mean you can't have good experiences but they are limited. I'd wait to see the full extent of these limitations, would really suck to spend $400 now an then have to buy a new one when PS5 comes around.

I'll fully give Sony props for making it work though, will be fun to see how it plays out. I personally would not spend $400 on it though. I don't trust Sony's support if the thing doesn't sell.

6. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    yeah reviews are good, is anything now a days worth the initial cost? Prices seem to be crazy, but yeah im sure they will add tweaks to it and just improve it over time

7. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It's not cheap and better wait for playstation 5

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    I think somethings are but I'd agree especially on the expensive side things generally aren't worth it at launch. PSVR is kinda early adopter an imo it never really pays to be in that group lol, I mean it's fun to get the tech asap but the people down the line will get better more polished product for less. Guess it just depends on how much someone wants VR.

To me I really wouldn't want to spend $400 (on top of the console) to be locked into Playstation. If they add PC support it'd be more appealing at that price point imo.

Snorky86 likes this.
  9. Snorky86

Snorky86 MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm kind of habit of the consoles, but still from time to time I like to play PES 2016 or 2017 now on PS4 ... But a computer is in a great significance replaced consoles, even in terms of graphics and everything .. I much bigger choice to have games today the PC than for PS ... When you go out PS 5 price will be huge, so you'd rather spend money on a good PC but on PS5 ...

10. Ranko

Ranko Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I like PS4 pro but i will like to buy xbox project scorpion it will be better than ps4 pro and neon

11. Aleksa Steam

Aleksa Steam BamBam

Credit:
    Ps4 pro is coming soon but Xbox Plus is coming soon

12. Aaddron

Credit:
    PS4 Pro is already out.

13. Aleksa Steam

Aleksa Steam BamBam

Credit:
    Thank you i didn't see heheh :p

14. Levitz

Levitz Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Still using my original PS4. Played on someone elses Pro recently and it runs a decent bit faster, too much money though.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pro would make a lot more sense if PS4 was struggling with games but it's still so solid it makes Pro hard to justify.

Levitz likes this.
  16. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i think this one ll be too expensive :/