1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Which champion release influenced league the most

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by NeSsQQuiCk, Jul 11, 2016.

1. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    for me it has to be Kindred, when she came out, she changed the meta alot, graves jungle was alredy a thing and there was nothing similar to graves(quinn was similar but weaker). Then when kindred came she changed meta in the jungle and around the jungle, her ult and stacking made people paly differently, champions like gragas and azir got more popular due to their ultimates, they could knock people out of it. People treated kindred jungle marks like mini objectives, when kindred used passive on you, you could call for a gank soon, and ask top to prepare tp play, or kindred could use it as a mind game... Kindred is most influential champ that came out in last few years... I agree that there were op champs, but noone changed the meta and playstyle as much as kindred did, never enjoyed playing her, and I suck playsing marksman jungle overall, but she changed playstyles all over the map, not just in her role.

What do you think about this?

2. Phippeey

Phippeey Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I firstly thought Jhin, Bard, Tahm or even Rek'sai tho it's not so played (in my queue), but after reading your comment I changed my mind. :D

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I totally agree with you, bringing ADC in jungle did changed a lot.
    I would say that in 2nd place could be Bard, its totally changed support plays, ppl are rewarded for roaming while ADC get more XP. Also his E allows u to go faster from lane to lane and gank from location that is unaveable with any other champ, also his ulty is one of the best tools for "pick" comps and u can dive so easy with it

4. CarolusRex

CarolusRex MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yeah, I agree, Kindred shaked meta rly hard. Also Rek'sai, before her if I remember well, tank junglers weren't played as much as now. After her release Sejuani and Gragas became popular as well..

5. GioLegenda

GioLegenda Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I m agree with Ness ;)

6. ElZarid123

ElZarid123 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Yeah I agree with Ness too .

7. whitepaper

whitepaper Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I would say maybe Rek Sai..

8. NeSsQQuiCk

NeSsQQuiCk Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Interesting, why would you think rek changed the game alot? he seemed like just another tanky jungler with global mobility, nothing that wasn't already seen

9. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    And who was tanky jungler with global mobility before him? Who was jungler with global mobility ? haha

10. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I think Jhin, but I am probably not right. Kindred/Ekko/Rek'Sai or older Zac/Vi