1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Royal Ogres

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Will also see how each candidate does from now until the next Royal Ogres are chosen:). Those who continually show effort will have a definite advantage over those that seem to just coast. The current Event is where that can probably be seen the best:).

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, we basically skipped July for a new Royal Ogre despite wanting to name at least one. For those who want to be a Royal Ogre they really need to put some effort in it. This is why none were chosen this time. Candidates should not only maintain participation in the Event without having to be reminded, but should also take part in Ogre Wars daily. Trust me, it is not hard to write something and then roll one time:).

I am willing to help with guidance and even finding stuff for the shop from time to time, but ultimately it is all up to the candidate/forum member. That said, will wait until somebody really steps up and maintains it before announcing a strong candidate again.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Royal Ogres are getting additional privileges going forward:).

1. The only group that can freely advertise (may have a thread devoted to this) their streams and video channels on the forum since it is the most active group. In fact, Royals should help each other and GameOgre's Twitch and Youtube channels:). The more help the better.
    2. Counter Strike Global Offensive is now for Royal Ogres only since Steam removed them as gifts.
    3. Open to suggestions:).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    NeSsQQuiCk likes this.
  4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, still looking for new members to this group:). Have really two candidates that still have a chance at it since they are still in the big Event. A large part of it will have to do how they do in the current Event:). If either or both get steady and stay that way for most of the Event, we will have at least one new Purple Ogre:).

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Still looking for somebody to step up:). This Event is being led by somebody who is not eligible to be a Royal yet. However, they may become the next Royal if they can maintain what got them in the lead in the first place:).

6. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, got a PM today that perfectly explains the current situation:

The member (not naming names) said he is now posting less because he don't think he can get Royal Ogre. In reality, it is his posting less that is causing him to not get Royal Ogre lol.

Just doing the minimum and little else though is not a great reason to stay a Royal Ogre, much less become one. When it gets to a point where a member cant even stay up with the Event, the backslide is normally to nothing. Thus, it becomes a self-fulfilling prediction.

What will improve this? Somebody staying active and doing more on a consistent basis:). If somebody is trying, I will and have always gave them the benefit of the doubt:).

djolebelevode likes this.
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Going to put Ness back in the running since he is helping a little with Facebook:). Little extra stuff like that goes a long way here.

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, will say this:

The next Royal Ogres will come steadily and will not need to PM me all the time.

I have helped candidates too much on occasion to the point they just ask me instead of reading Ogres Hall or the support forum. This is compounded by the fact that they sometimes nosedive after they figure out the least amount they can do or if they cant get something like overseas World of Tank cards. In other words, my time is wasted because their nosedive means they wont become Royal Ogres until they get active again. That said, I may answer a question or two if its important, but that is all I am going to do. It is up to the members to do what is needed to become a Royal:).

This is very important and is one of the reasons why we have not named a new one in sometime. The good news is that we do have 2 or 3 candidates again:).

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yea, the Royal candidates need to step up and post more if they want to be considered. Wouldn't hurt current Royals to do this either:). Getting to the point where some things are not being responded too at all unless they are added to the Event. These include holiday threads, monthly polls, game battles, and year-end awards.

Also a trend I am seeing is some giving up completely because a streak is broken. Why? This makes no sense because the person just throws away what they did before. Of course, others are happy to oblige and pass them up in any events etc but that is not good for the long term. The idea is to have an active community that participates:).

Therefore, the formula for new Royal Ogres should be less asking and relying on me while doing and participating more on a steady basis:).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, all that said, we have two possible candidates for Royal Ogre again:).

Hint: The Review Contest could also help:).

11. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    We have another possible candidate or should I say a former candidate who is in contention again:).

12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Hoping to choose a new Royal Ogre by the first of March:).

Currently have 3 good candidates for that.

Grawl and brankomiljus20 like this.
  13. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The second half of the current Event will be a big decider in this:).

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Going into the homestretch of the event now:). These are the days that could make a great difference.

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This one is not fun, but apparently it needs to be addressed.

Ok, one thing that needs to be cleared up is the Event Minimum and Royal Ogres. The points for Ogre Wars have risen quite a bit so it can be done without posting elsewhere for the time being. However, we have already had a case where this was abused to the point (along with a few other factors) where the member eventually had to be clubbed.

That said, doing the minimum with Ogre Wars for the Event is not the way to become or stay a Royal. Those who seem to make a habit of it will lose Royal Status, especially if I have to PM them about it and they still do it. On the flip side, those who are Royal candidates will hurt their chances if they do this or skip days regularly.

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This one is much better:).

We are around a week away from naming the first new Royal Ogre in sometime:). That said, the members or members who get it may not necessarily win but are the ones who put forth the most effort on a regular basis. The next week, win or lose, will be a great sign for showing that:). The members who just phone it in or do the minimum for the Event only, may not be chosen.

17. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Branko is having problems with his computer hardware so his activity is not what it was before. Thus, he has asked me to remove him from the Royals until he can return. Don't think anybody else has asked to be removed from this group so that means a lot. Thus, he will be removed for now but I have great confidence that he will return and wear the Royal Purple again:).
    In other Royal News, we will name the next Royal Ogre then:). Due to the big Event and an extension, the choice is mainly down to two now.

For the ones not chosen this time, we will try for another Royal Ogre in around a month at the halfway point of the next Event.

brankomiljus20 likes this.
  18. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Just added:

Joining the Royal Ogres

New Royal Ogres are chosen at the end of the Big Forum Event or at the halfway point if there are candidates that deserve it at those times.

NeSsQQuiCk likes this.
  19. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ness is now the newest Royal Ogre:). He just won the Big Event and has helped in other areas including Facebook.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    NeSsQQuiCk and brankomiljus20 like this.
  20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Hmmm, I will just say that naming a Royal Ogre again next month depends completely on continued participation by the current candidates that were not selected this time. If one or both can do that, then we will have a new one next month. If not, then there will not be another named for the first time until they deserve it and become a candidate.

Once again, it is much easier to get Royal back than it is to get it for the first time:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.