1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Skills

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rakuh, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Rakuh

Rakuh Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    What do you think about the upcoming ultimate skills ?!???

Attached Files:

2. Very interesting. I have a feeling that it'll be a passive ability unlike an actual skill (skill that has a button in-game) that will randomly activate in battle (so it'll have a low activation rate like 0.01% for example). AQWorlds sort of has something similar to that for classes like Shaman and Necromancer, and I think it'll be neat to see passive abilities or ultimate skills in AQ3D.

enochi and Rakuh like this.
  3. Rakuh

Credit:
    thats nice..maybe this pic is just a fire spell upgrade.... but passive or not itll be awesome.

4. Reynz

Reynz Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i see its great to be implemented tho. but to be honest, i dont like such RNG system are more implemented on the game. i just hate when hard work losing by luck~

5. I don't think ultimate skills take away hard work, especially if they're really RNG-based (chance of activating ultimate skill is really low). To me, ultimate skills are rewarding. What other ways could AE possibly create ultimate skills, if not through RNG?

Rakuh likes this.
  6. Reynz

Credit:
    how bout combo or some longer cooldown time that cant be resetted? that way interesting beside RNG imo~

7. Combo sounds nice. Sort of creates a strategy of its own for battling unlike RNG.

Pinkyz likes this.
  8. Rakuh

Credit:
    both ideas are pretty good!!!

9. ifh101

ifh101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Did they confirm this to be an "ultimate" skill? Or is it just an animation change for one of the regular skills? If it is an ultimate skill, I wonder how it would work. Would these ultimate be available anytime except it just has a long cooldown when used or would these ultimate be available after a certain amount of charge (like in overwatch) or even better, would it be available after doing certain combos?
    I would really much prefer a combination of those or have each classes have their own unique way of using their ultimate skills. It sure would add some variety to the gameplay!

Rakuh likes this.
  10. It doesn't look like a skill that a Mage has, so I'd assume that it's an ultimate skill. It could be a combat or class system rework (which Cysero did mention back in January), if isn't an ultimate skill. Looking at the Design Notes, there isn't a lot of information on what "class improvements, new spells..." mean.

enochi and Rakuh like this.
  11. Rakuh

Credit:
    sye sir blue

12. VJMaxZero

VJMaxZero Lord of Evil Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ultimate skill?
    Hmm maybe new system will be added to unlocked this skill, like a Classes Rank or Sacrifice Items. We need to be max rank to unlocked ultimate skill or get those sacrifice items and do a ritual to unlocked ultimate skill...
    This is just my imagination :)

Rakuh likes this.
  13. Well if they add a new skill icon, I can't imagine where they'd place it on the mobile UI. Also, classes don't have ranks, and I don't know if they ever will have ranks.

VJMaxZero and Rakuh like this.
  14. Rakuh

Credit:
    mindblowing....lolol

15. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Its great to have an ultimate skill and the one we see on the picture/screenshot looks great (i just love mages)!!! Now as far as how this skill is to be used passive with a chance or active which has a big cd and takes fighting to load i don't really know and im fine with both!!! What i want is ICE SKILLS!!!! Why does the mage have fire and lightning and no ice or wind is he a FIREBENDER??? :D

Rakuh likes this.
  16. Reynz

Credit:
    maybe its just an addition skills cause it seems we lack of skill slot here. and too early for ultimate one imo~

17. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Cool i cant wait ;)

Rakuh likes this.
  18. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Ultimate abilities would definitely change the combat gameplay a lot because logically ultimates have to be used wisely and strategically. This would be an interesting addition to the class reworks.

Void and Rakuh like this.
  19. Rakuh

Credit:
    yep me neither
    indeed bro i just hope that goes live asap

20. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It would nice to see more combat changes with that upcoming class update because combat is quite stale at the moment and ultimate skills would be a nice addition when implemented properly.