1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

How should a "no items" feature work in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've heard mixed answers from the AQ3D developers on this topic. According to Cysero, he plans to create no items separately as cosmetics which will be sold for DCs. When I brought my idea to the table on how to better improve the concept, fisn (Oishii) replied that the team hasn't decided on any methods yet for the no items concept despite that Cysero said the items will be individual items sold for DCs as cosmetics.

[​IMG]

My point to the original concept of no items was that players would be essentially buying "nothing" with their DCs just to consume an inventory space.

My idea to better improve the "no items" concept was that we should be able to unlock a "hide item feature" in our main menu which can be bought once with DCs, which will unlock the hide feature for all items and won't consume any inventory space at all. That way, players will buy the whole bundle for a high DC price (like 1,500 DCs) instead of buying a few "no items" items such as "no weapon" and "no helm" for less than that, especially since having the "no item" feature bundled could be effective marketing for AQ3D.

My second idea was that all DC items should have free storage like in AQWorlds and my third idea was that the "no items" should have stats or unique animations, so they'd actually have a real use. Finally, my fourth idea was that weapons should be unequipable, but you lose stats for unequiping your main items.

How do you think a "no items" feature should work in AQ3D?

enochi and Forgotten_Dream like this.
  2. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I think there should be a No item toggle in settings like in AQW.

Forgotten_Dream likes this.
  3. Forgotten_Dream

Forgotten_Dream Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    i think your opinion is right about AQ3D should added hide feature that take cost 1.5k dcs to unlock the feature but in my opinion it will be better if "no items" added to stuff because it will be more effecient to spent dcs such we can just buy 1 of what stuff we want like no item (shoulder) or just no item (weapon) and i think the cost of 1 "no items" stuff will be under 1k dcs. it will be premium exclusive item that not every one can have :D

4. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i'm going to keep a full set, they all work together, but the amount of people who would spend DCs to look more casual may be high, DC costs to profit sound high.. this idea inv management and toggle simplicity i like

honestly though i'd support for a much bigger something if i could that's rare now, buying other things with dcs ae offers now feels strange to me

5. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I like the first idea. It makes it easier for me. I would rather just open up the menu than equipping individual items.

Void and Snowy like this.
  6. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's another great point. Using the main menu would have better ease than using the inventory. I don't want to scroll all the way to the bottom of my inventory and switch out my cosmetic items whenever I feel like; it's too tedious switching out items around, especially when I'm taking screenshots for the Wiki. A toggle feature would make it so much better.

Also, I've seen conflicting answers from the main AQ3D developers on what they plan to do with "no items" on Twitter within a day apart from each other. I just hope Artix's plan follows through.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I spoke to Cysero about the topic a bit more today. He said not to worry about inventory slots as an issue, because currently equipped items won't take up inventory slots in the future. I think that'll make the "no items" feature he planned to have a bit more reasonable.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Void likes this.
  7. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Does this mean players can go around with nothing but underwear!!! I'm joking, hopefully it won't cost too much, I'm looking forward to buy the items.

8. Chuckles

Chuckles MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    "will be sold for DC's" .-.

9. Jeric dion

Jeric dion DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Always sold for DC T,T

10. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Since they are really bad on making boots and cape. I would buy the no boots and no cape cosmetics.

11. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I can understand the cape, but wouldn't it be awkward walking barefoot though?

12. Miss shiela

Miss shiela Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
  13. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    i would like unlocking them one by one but not by bundle. cos only the shoulders, helms, and boots are my concern.

Anyways. Thats just me :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.