1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Location, language based servers

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Do you think the game would benefit from language or location based servers? If so, which 3 languages do you think are the most common in AE's fanbase?

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  2. BirbPatrol

BirbPatrol Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    English and spanish asfar as i know :p

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  3. I'm totally against location/language-based servers because they separate the community, which is what happened in AQWorlds when they introduced the Espada server. Sure, those people got their own server to speak with other Portuguese players, but Portuguese players who could speak and understand English who had English friends on other servers, but had Portuguese friends on the Portuguese server would be stuck choosing between two servers, which is very problematic. Also, region-locking servers was a huge deal, and hopefully AE will never experiment with that ever again. I believe in the motto "united we stand, divided we fall" and completely disagree on location/language-based servers for AQ3D.

4. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nah, there isnt really any kind of benefit having a language based servers... Sure you will play with people from your country and communicate easily but thats about it... How many ppl will be playing?? You wont be communicating with ppl worldwide... etc

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  5. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    we're not that big we need to be together to learn from each other and have more people to help us

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  6. legionlord13

legionlord13 Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    It'll do. Most player from my country didn't speak english well and I like these folks more than random stranger that doesnt reply when I say hi lol

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  7. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    English , Spanish , Tagalog.

ก็ก็ก็ likes this.
  8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't really like idea of separating player base with these really specific servers. I would rather leave it as it is now. You don't need to be on a different server to speak in other language to people that talk using that language.
    I am not sure how AE is going to deal with this but possibility of language based servers lingers but i guess we just have to wait and see how they will deal with this.

9. Binsoy

Binsoy Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I dont like that idea cause this game is still not crowded and i want to interact more people in other countries

10. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Same, cause its fun to have bond with other countries people.

11. As far as I'm aware with demographics for AQ3D, English is the most common language, followed by Portuguese, then finally Tagalog. The Portuguese and Tagalog languages aren't too common enough for their own AQ3D servers. I would, however, like a Guardian-only server, but that could wait until the game has a bigger population.

12. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    This is true ^ im with Blue

13. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Profanity filter is set on settings to manage

14. True, but AQ3D moderators still reserve the right to ban for abusing profanity (calling people names and stuff). That's hard to manage, when AE doesn't have polyglot moderators. Google Translate can help, but it's easy to take words out of context with a translator.

Pinkyz likes this.
  15. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Yea we know that

16. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    I'm mute 3 times this week because of my word choice I always curse what's the point of using the filter if your always going to get muted I never insult anybody and I'm jot a racist

17. Yeah, they should just bring back chat filters and don't give us the option to toggle them on and off. Otherwise, it just encourages people to swear in the game to the point that they risk getting muted, and there's not really anything to signify to them what they did wrong other than some common sense, but even common sense can't prevent everything. People come from different cultures and backgrounds that the acceptance of a word is different than it is anywhere else, and it's hard to enforce what people can and cannot say because of that cultural divide. Words that are taboo in America could be completely acceptable in places like Canada or Australia.