1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Suggestion: Character Page Badges

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Adam1a1, Oct 21, 2017.

Which badge design would you like?

1. Old one

35.3%
  2. Adam1a1´s rework

23.5%
  3. Rework, but made by AE

41.2%
  1. Adam1a1

Adam1a1 MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular
    1. AQ3DMemes Followers

Credit:
    Hi!
    Recently, when TLAPD Collection realeased, I got kinda upset that its badge was only a simple screenshot. Then I compared it to AQW and its badge was better, and not only that badge, but all of them. They all looked alike and they looked like a badges. But on AQ3D, they just are just a screenshots or parts of promo images, so I decided to make my own rework!
    Introducing, "Adam1a1´s char page badges rework for AQ3D" rework:
    upload_2017-10-21_17-1-58.png

I made a "badge template" which can be used for all of the badges and then I used it on them!
    (All badges reworked to this "style" can be found here: AQ3D Memes , I am updating that facebook album with every badge, so when they will release a new badge, i will rework it)

But, why?
    Why have I reworked all of the badges and posted them here? Truth is, I am a huge badge collector and I am not really happy about the current look of AQ3D badges. AE can use my rework or they can get insired with it or they can do something different, I dont care, all I want is that they will make badges better and worth collecting. I posted this here because I know Ogreman has a contact to Artix and if this thread would get popular enough, he might notice this and maybe even post this to Artix. With this post I want to know if AQ3D community is interested in badges, if they like the current ones or if they like the rework more. I already tried once to post these to Cysero, but he had no plans to replace the current badges, so this is my last try to change AQ3D badges. If anyone from AQ3D team is reading this and likes this suggestion, feel free to use it, I don´t want anything in return, I just want that badges on my character page will look nice :)

If anyone read this this far, thank you for your time and feel free to comment down your oppinion :)

Froi likes this.
  2. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I must say i agree with you.. Badges are currently way too simple. I like your rework (template) but i vote that AE makes a unique one for every badge based on its theme (pirate,guardian,kickstarter etc) and not just put them on different pages. Also they could introduce a ranking system to them based on how hard it is to gain them (different template color, just like the items are) which is highly unlikely to happen!!! :p I also like collecting badges so I AM WITH YOU BATTLEON!!!!

Adam1a1 likes this.
  3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I definitely think badges can be redesigned with borders. A square image just doesn't look that amazing, but a fancy border would make badges stand out more. Maybe not an octagon border, but a border as a square with rounded corners, would look nice.

4. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i love the focus on the main point and everything else in the background fades, feels there immediate and like looking at what could be a continuous world perception without borders

5. Awen Blade

Awen Blade King of Bananas The Pit

Credit:
    I am INLOVE with that design!!! <3 :p

6. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I like the after design but for now it's not really a priority but when time comes I do hope they will do a redesign for badge icons.

7. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I love your redesign, the only thing I'd do is remove the text on the badges since it's a bit redundant but other than that great job. I just hope in the future charpages are an ingame thing and not something you have to open a web page for.

8. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well I think that if the AQ3D team was to redesign character pages, they should remove the badge title and badge description that are floated to the right of the badge, put the badge title in Black Chancery font on the badge art, and have a tooltip where the description appears when the user hovers over the badge. That would make the badge section of the character page more compact and much more organized.

9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I would like to see AE rework badges and character page in general, but it's not really a big priority right now so we just have to wait for them do it. I could see it happening after live release or maybe even before it if they decide to do that.

10. Masi Bugatti

Masi Bugatti Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I would prefer rework badges and some new special badges. I like to see a portrait layout from rework badges on AQ3D character page.

11. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I stilk prefer the old one tbh simple but good and i would like them to change the char page we have atm it doesnt even show our set or items only lvl class equipped and badges that sux

12. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I like your design.
    Maybe it should be like that.

It's very simple.
    And it will be easy to see how many badges we have.
    :D

Adam1a1 likes this.
  13. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Your designs are cute! I like them. Anyways. I'm not a badge collector so...
    I guess i should say, it isnt the priority yet but ideas are fine to come by i guess~

Adam1a1 likes this.
  14. Mercurio The Great

Mercurio The Great MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    Your reworks look amazing! I would love to see them applied to the current badges! They would look so much better!

15. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i like ur designs. nnice

16. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Wow, nice efforts here man. Once the badges become a major thing in the game this surely is a step towards a good thing

17. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I voted Adam1a1's rework. Haha
    It is so cool bro! :D

18. Xenokult

Xenokult Big Brute New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not very bad in my opinion.

19. Naotsku Kirigaya

Naotsku Kirigaya Big Brute New Ogre
    1. Dricken Society

Credit:
    Adam1a1's rework is nice. Thumbs up for you. hope this will be our char badges

20. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    now nice :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup: