1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Which old AQ3D feature or features do you miss?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    AQ3D has been in development for so long that there has been a ton of changes. Which feature(s) do you miss, and why?

One of the features I miss was the old obstacle course in Battleon as it gave players something to do in their spare time instead of standing AFK around the fountain. Another feature I miss is when double-clicking the left click on the mouse made the player jump as it was convenient at times to just move around without using a keyboard, but now I have to use the spacebar to jump. I also miss the old class skills, even the ones in Tech Demo when players could heal, probably because I was used to them. As for monsters, I miss Smash Mash the Trolluk the most because it was so fun when players were farming him for XP/Gold and item drops.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I honestly miss Mana Shield as a skill considering that it gave Mage also a supportive role to give it to a player that is tanking or taking a lot of damage and with this skill you can potentially save them. Mana Shield could be treated as a "passive" heal and what i mean by that is Mana Shield's function to increase Armor and that is what decreases damage that target will taking thus it's like a heal, but not exactly. You can also use it on yourself in the same manner which is the most used way to use Mana Shield.

3. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I miss the Old stat system on that time I was having fun switching sets coz I wanted to test some builds, now that they changed the old one I kinda feel sad about it.

4. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    miss the mana shield the most... think that was one of the most useful skills at the time.. hope it gets incorporated into a new class :)

5. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah I miss mana shield, and the old stat system. New one makes everyone equal and doesn't promote diversity.

6. valkangel

Credit:
    Didnt really notice a real difference in the old stat system, maybe because I'm a filthy casual pleb...

also @fallenCrest , why have you forsaken the green banner lol

also jelly about your credits lol :D

7. Thorxus

Thorxus BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    Spammable pots. Pots take up cooldowns now, they interfere with the using of skills, which makes it almost useless for the guardian class.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    IMO pots having cooldowns is a good way to not spam your pots by accident... it also now requires a bit of skill management :)

9. yolorizer

yolorizer BamBam

Credit:
    war cry and definitely mana shield. On a side note I feel the game puts way too much emphasis on collective grinding now, which explains those linear stats everybody shares and seemingly nerfed combat/classes.

10. Thorxus

Thorxus BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    They at least have to fix it with the guardian class. It barely helps with the chemistry :/ Which I think, pots should be good with any other class in game.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    I dont really get the new guardian ult.. does it still taunt mobs ? I haven't used guardian since the new skills went live

12. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I miss Mana Shield as well, but for a different reason. I actually like pranking players by casting Mana Shield on them from a hidden spot. It was something fun to do until the skill was removed.

Some of the old stats were quite OP. I think it was possible at one point to have 51% dodge with Brutal Horn and some other items. If there's anything I miss about old stats, it would be their old names like "Defense" instead of Armor and "Dodge" instead of Evasion.

I agree with potions. Potions used to have a lot of support in combat, but they've lost their meaning, especially when the combat was updated. Now, it's more common to lose in battle frequently, especially if your build is on the offense. I wish potions were more useful again.

I'm not too sure. I know it summons a green dragon, but I never had the opportunity to use my ultimate skills, because most battles end before an ultimate skill is needed. I do miss the old skills because of how unimportant ultimate skills are in battle.

13. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I do also miss the old stat system and the way we had to build sets around stats we wanted, but the current system is more stable and reliable compared to the old one. You can still make sets around stats, but results are not going to be too different compared to how stats worked in the past.

14. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Not really a feature, but I miss glitching and exploring the outskirts of the maps.

15. -John-

-John- Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think shorter CD for pots is a big one (maybe it could be 5 seconds), and having no damage threshold requirement for dungeon chests... that's a big one

16. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I miss the old stats system :'(

17. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I miss the old Battleon raids (actually was only 2 and not that long ago). I like the idea of having raids directly in the main map, but with the redesign there is no room for enemy raids anymore.

18. valkangel

Credit:
    we need more raids ! also most the ults are weird...

19. Henkkaas0

Henkkaas0 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I really want trading in the game. People can finally start setting up economies and get other ways of income.

20. valkangel

Credit:
    if enough people want trading, there will be trading... so lets keep hoping !