1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about delays in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Delays have occurred so frequently in AdventureQuest 3D that it is now one of players' expectations whenever the AQ3D staff members announce a new release. What do you think about delays?

For me, I think the delays have been a recurring problem for the game. Part of the issue is that there is a major oversight whenever the team announces a release date, which I think they should be more cautious about. Instead of releasing releases on the go, I think they would be better off making a bunch of releases beforehand and testing them, but only releasing one of their bunches whenever they think the time is right, that way, the team is a step ahead in their planning. I also think announcing AQ3D's Live release date was a major mistake as that was supposed to happen in October of 2016, then was postponed furthermore with the next official date set to October 13th, 2017; it was the biggest anticipation, but it failed its execution twice, so another thing I'd like to see is less release date announcements, but maybe stick to date approximations.

UberDerp likes this.
  2. yolorizer

yolorizer BamBam

Credit:
    hopefully

IMG_20171127_231002.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
  3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't mind them that much considering AQ3D is not the only game i am currently playing so i got other games to go to when there is nothing to do besides gold/chest farming. It's unfortunate that delays happen so the best course of action would be to just give date approximations rather than deadlines considering how many times AQ3D team didn't manage to meet them.

4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I just hate when they post a release date on design notes but ended up being delayed.

5. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I dont really blame them, I mean, this is uncharted territory for them (first 3d game, first multi platform game they made) so delays are to be expected, even though I'm bummed (no more weekly releases), it is understandable as I also know how hard it is to do what they are doing... fortunately they are making steps to improve it (the 1 day coding challenge comes to mind) so that's a good sign :)

6. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Absolutely hate it. Feels like I'm riding on the back on a turtle.

7. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I remember reading that, I think on the news Disqus comment. I have a feeling a delay will happen again as it's hard for them not to announce a release date. I think the last time they announced a release date was for Darkovia being planned for Tuesday, but at least they weren't delayed that time.

I absolutely agree that there are other things to do while waiting for a release like play another game, but the issue rests on the AQ3D team's words. The news they give players tends to imply the team as a reliable source for information, but when it comes to delays, the team loses trust. It's sort of like keeping a promise, but only breaking them.

It seems to be a habit as well. Even when the team is aware that players don't like seeing delays, the team still posts release date. Looks like Cysero's handy-dandy "As soon as it's ready o'clock" mantra has lost its significance, but it does tend to be Artix who spoils release dates. I think it's just his personality.

Well I don't think anybody expects the team to put out weekly releases. For me and certain people, it would be great to see the team stay true to their words, even if it means not mentioning a release date in the news. Even an approximation is fine as long as it doesn't sound too affirmative with a chance of delay. The one day coding challenge does sound intense, but the developers have years of experience. I believe some of the developers have even challenged themselves to accomplish such daunting tasks. There have been Ludum Dare challenges that some of the developers have partaken such as for the Kitty.coli game and the Doom Cauldron game they've made.

Well it feels like I'm listening to words out of a clever, sneaky fox, when I hear one thing, but it turns out that something else occurs instead. Of course, words have little meaning compared to actions which have significant meaning.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    valid points above, It still doesnt bother me as much though. Might be because I have a few more games I am playing everytime aq3d has delays... or I'm just too busy to care too much lol

9. Adam1a1

Adam1a1 MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular
    1. AQ3DMemes Followers

Credit:
    Delays are fine, because the finished thing is worth it.

Pinkyz likes this.
  10. Thorxus

Thorxus BamBam New Ogre

Credit:
    I can live with the delays. I only play casually anyways.

11. yolorizer

yolorizer BamBam

Credit:
    but how is the screenshot I provided even considered a spoiler? I thought it would only be a valuable piece of info to share but seems a moderator thought otherwise. I guess I might need to check those rules around attachments real quick. anyway, pardon me for disgressing Blue, im just a little startled.

12. valkangel

Credit:
    casual plebs unite ! lol

13. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't mind delays but seeing the kickstarter rewards past its estimated date (July 2016) we're almost in 2018 kinda sucks. I feel like this should've been a top priority since a lot of people paid money for them

enochi likes this.
  14. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Been very frustrated with this as well. I can understand the Alpha Pirate class though... only a little.

15. UberDerp

UberDerp Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I think they are necessary to bring us higher quality releases.

16. -John-

-John- Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    It's pretty clear that the concern is time/manpower and money/interest... all we can do is keep the community/demand alive and do our best to put them in a position of enticement to give us what we want :)

17. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Did they give an expected release date for the alpha pirate? (if they did I would take it lightly)

18. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    From what I remember they said "after the class rework". No hard-time, which means their words could mean anything.

19. Mekel

Mekel Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I mean I get it, thy set a deadline and everything ends up taking longer than expected. The 3D is still kinda new to them. It’s a little harder designing everything than it was for them in aqw.

20. valkangel

Credit:

I agree this should've been released sooner considering that they helped fund the game.