1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D Leeching and leechers

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 4, 2017.

1. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I used to stand at the top of the pillar near the doors and spam help kill boss pls lol

Rex likes this.
  2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Walking back to Gathmor would always be a pain, particularly in Alpha and Pre-Beta. Whenever AE finally released Shadowskull Tower, it was easier to get back to Gathmor, because all the player really had to do was join the tower and then go back to the other map via door to the boss area. Some players would even go through the door, when they were at low health, since walking through the door would reset their health, and then those players would walk back to the boss area and continue to battle Gathmor. I just didn't see the reason for AE to nerf the number of Gathmor kills needed (it was changed from 10 kills to 5 kills) as that made farming for the Alpha Knight set less worthy, even when players found easier methods to battle certain bosses.

Unfortunately, there aren't any private instances which means players will have to deal with other players leeching. It's not so much of a problem; I think having private instances would be a bigger problem than leeching because the game would feel dead.

3. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yea what I would do is run to the corner near Gathmor and heal before joining the fight, or sometimes i'd get lucky and the monsters were being lured away as i was running.

Never thought about doing this. In AQW I know it doesn't let you change maps during battle but in AQ3D you can. This kinda reminds when /reload was a command for everyone, you'd able to refresh the map, heal, and continue fighting what was the hardest boss at the time (Grand Inquisitor)

4. valkangel

Credit:
    wow I didnt even know you can do those back then... I always thought going into another map and then returning to the previous one would reset the instance

5. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i don't mind, if they're trying to survive and not intentionally trying to get to your wrong nerves lol

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Well it does do that, if you are the only one in that instance.

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well if you leave a room and you're the only person in that room, then leaving and re-entering would reset the instance. It wouldn't make much sense for a room to be reset, when other players are present. It's been like that for a long time, though there have been occurrences when players join a newinstance. If an instance becomes full, then you'll enter a new instance when you return to the map.

Leeching isn't a problem like how kill-stealing is. I've been seeing a ton of players in various Battleon instances killing Droosters in one hit and they refuse to share the monster with other players. That's been a major issue for months now.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's mostly likely due to that really rare drop that it can drop: Midas' Curse, but it has not been proved to be true that it can drop from it. It also might be a thing just to kill time (by farming it).

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well nobody for sure knows with absolute certainty if Midas' Curse truly drops, because they haven't got it yet and the item's an extremely low drop. 100,000 Drooster kills would take a long time, but you're not guaranteed to get the drop on the 100,000 kill, so there's definitely a lot of RNG. The only information players have is that they've heard staff members talk about the weapon, and I don't really see a point in farming for the weapon if it'll consume so many hours.

10. valkangel

Credit:
    well, for collectors it wouldnt matter lol though at this point no one's really sure if the weapon does in fact drop... unlike the zard head which was confirmed

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I don't even bother to farm it because it has not been 100% confirmed to drop, but on the other i do have farmed the zard helmet for quite a lot and i haven't received it yet unfortunately.

12. valkangel

Credit:
    Ive been farming the zard head for a month now :(

13. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    it's not that big of an issue right now but when 10 man dungeons come, then yeah leechers would be a big issue.

14. valkangel

Credit:
    yea which would probably be next year...

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think players blocking drops is a bigger issue, when it comes to maps with a larger amount of players. For instance, during the Hall of Awesome, there would be players standing on top of loot.

Leeching isn't so much of a problem in a 10 player dungeon, because there would be a lot more people fighting. The more players there are, the more likely they'll fight in battle.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Some people do get annoyed about the fact that even when 1 person out of 10 is leeching and on their mind they see them unworthy of loot they get. Loot blocking is definitely a problem and should be solved by let's say making loot bags prioritized over characters so by just clicking on that loot bag you get access to it and you won't click on someones's character that is sitting on top of it.

17. valkangel

Credit:
    Yea, normally you can just ask players to step aside... but when the player's afk though... makes it a whole lot harder.. AE should really address that... or just put a keybind for picking up items... dunno why they havent implemented that tbh

18. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    When big raids will come that leeching thing would be a big issue.

enochi likes this.
  19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    1 is still a minuscule amount compared to 9. Is 1 person out of 10 really going to affect the battle that greatly? How about 1 person out of 20 people, or 1 person out of 100 people? The more players there are, the less leeching becomes a problem.

I doubt it. I actually preferred Valek's dungeon (the one with the large raid) more than most of the smaller dungeons, though I wish there were more dungeon parts to it. I didn't find much issue with leeching in the raid dungeon, and even if players were either leeching or AFK, killing the boss wasn't really that difficult.

20. enochi

enochi MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i remember the 2016 frostvale epic yettun dungeon, players would just wait at the start and let you kill all the mobs for them.