1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

AQ3D What are these Ancient Evils exactly?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Heromanguy12, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Darkovia introduced these new enemies called Ancient Evils and it begs a question, what are they exactly? First variation of them is just an evil tree (similar to Treevenge, but less powerful) and latest one we got is a some kind of tentacle monster thing.
    They both have long spawn times; 1st one has timer of 30 minutes and 2nd has timer of around 10 minutes (some people say it's 8 minutes, but i took this info from the wiki).
    What is their purpose and who/what created them?

2. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Might be something in the storyline ... i.e., in the Pages you collect (for Quest in the Tavern) ... but I haven't read them yet XD

3. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    The pages have to do with the vampires and werewolves' history

4. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Honestly I dont have any idea haha maybe it will be explained in the deeper contests of darkovia

5. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Those ancient evil monsters may be related to the imbalance of the elemental planes or something like that as hinted in one of Greenguard quests. There is also a chance that they will have no relation to the lore at all and be just a fun mechanic for maps.

6. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Perhaps inter-dimensional creatures that originate from Darkovia. Ancient Evil sounds like evil that's been revived through some sorcery. It could be that we'll learn more about Ancient Evils in Darkovia Part III, but who knows? I'd like to learn more about them, but there's little known about them except that they exist.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I really would like to AE to shed some light on them because they feel a bit off in a sense that they just exist, but no one has any idea where they came from and how did they became to be what they are now. They should at least mention them in The Book of Darkov.

8. valkangel

Credit:
    They might be evil thats resurfaced after lying dormant... Something or someone must have awakened them

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    The question is what exactly woke them up? We have so many questions and little to no answers.

10. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    our ancestors haahahaha

11. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    What kind of pact did our ancestors do to make them turn into Ancient Evils? Not a good one obviously. Maybe it was done for sake of the future perhaps?

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I can agree with that. The Book of Darkov should explain what Ancient Evils are. Perhaps the AQ3D team will add more quests to Morgul, so that it doesn't just stop at page XX. The book does mention interesting things like Were-Dragons and Were-Moglins, but where are the Ancient Evils?

Well if they're ancient then they are from the past. It's possible that they've been dormant, or maybe hidden away from Darkovia for a long time. Perhaps there's some resurrection that occurred, or perhaps the Ancient Evils correspond with the rise of the Blood Moon.

I'm going to say either a ritual or the rising Blood Moon woke them up.

13. valkangel

Credit:
    Would have to say the coming blood moon is what woke up the ancient evils... Curious if it there would be a third one..

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am expecting to see more Ancient Evils considering that with every Darkovia release we managed to get a different Ancient Evil so us getting 3rd one when part 3 comes out is a possibility.

15. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I hope the third Ancient Evil, if the AQ3D team decides to add another one, doesn't have a super-long respawn time. There are already plenty of hard-to-obtain items in-game, and honestly, the game shouldn't need more in the meantime. It would be interesting, if the third Ancient Evil was some kind of boss-like creature with high health and stats, maybe like level 40; we don't really see that many hard monsters to battle in the game.

16. valkangel

Credit:
    lol with that hard a boss, I'd reckon there'd be a lot of dead bodies lying around lmao :D

17. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    smart to want to understand everything about them. why do they want to kill us?

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Well, the name Ancient Evil is pretty much a dead giveaway why they are so hostile to us and a sole motivation of theirs is to get rid of us in the name of evil. There could be more to this, but we will find out more as time goes on hopefully.

19. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The better question is, what made them evil... or who made them evil? Where does this evil originate from? There's a lot of missing gaps uncovered about the Ancient Evil's story, and maybe we'll never know since this evil is ancient. It would be interesting to see a quest similar to the Book of Darkov quests where the player find pages (or maybe clues) to understand more backstory.

20. xX STORM GENERAL Xx

xX STORM GENERAL Xx Club Swinger New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The Darkovia book contains no info on the ancient evil(trust me). It may Propably because Darkovia is a place very close to the realm of darkness, so far Artix (according to the story) came in from there somewhere on the border between Darkovia and doom wood. Then we have safiria, who got the powers directly from there as well. So it’s propably a case of a jailbreak, side effect, or in xtreme cases, Artix’s unwashed laundry