1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Writing Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria hill

Maria hill Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favourite hero:Gambit
    Why:Gambit in a battle, with his kinetically charging of objects, he can take someone out from a distance if he so pleases, but he is also an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant, and can kick some butt up close and personal if necessary

2. CrossZegal

CrossZegal Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite hero: Cyclops

Why: Cyclops always truck me as a leader, despite his past, where he was orphan, he didn't stray from his path and eventually, after being nurtured by Xavier, became one of the greatest , most symbolic and heroic x-men to have ever lived.
    He led the X-Men team for years and we all loved seeing those 90ties cartoons with him leading the flock, never giving up and always trying to protect innocent mutants.
    He always struck me like a simple man that just has to do his job.
    His mutant powers while being dangerous, also have a charm to them, always having to be weary and careful of his powers, not to wreck massive havoc and destruction around himself if caught offguard for a second, always in control of himself and having others in his grip aswell, leading his team outstandingly.
    Not to mention that cyclops is also a stud and has pretty much the hottest chick in marvel woo'ed xD
    Overall i just love this character, and in marvel heroes, even if some think he is boring to play, i still love him and re-leveled him to 60 over and over.

NOTE: Also comes in sexy glasses <3

3. dreghert

dreghert Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Spider-man

Why?: Spidey was always one of my favorites, growing up. He faces all kinds of adversity, from super powered nemeses, to distrust, hatred, or fear from his fellow man. He is constantly being hunted by one person, organization, or entity, even those he fights to protect. Yet, through it all, he still fights. Though he has had a few darker moments (usually while under the influence of other beings such as the symbiote suit,) he has never truly wavered from the righteous path. Many of his experiences could have pushed him that way, but he has always striven to do what was right.

He is also a genius, an inventor, easily on par with the likes of Tony Stark, just with less resources at his disposal. He managed to cobble together his first web shooters when he had literally nothing to his name.

And he's always joking, even under pressure. He could be facing unimaginable odds, and still be in good humor. I honestly think his greatest superpower is his ability to mouth off at even the mightiest of foes, and make light of the direst of circumstances.

Overall, what really makes Spider-man my favorite hero has nothing to do with superpowers, but with his sheer, indomitable spirit. It's not hard to imagine that even without his powers, Peter Parker would have done whatever he could to make a real difference in the world, and that is what makes a true hero.

4. gomichan

gomichan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Black Widow

Favorite Hero: Black Widow
    Why: First and foremost I like her as a comic book/ movie character. She's an independent woman, that relies on her training, gadgets and her own skills (not on given/ inherited powers). She also drives her own storyline, and is not just a background to some male hero (like many women, even the superhero ones). She's basically Batman given her complicated past and the ability to excel without super powers, but without all that brooding :D The ability to psychologically read & manipulate others ensures that she's the one in control in various situations, and not just an unaware subject of an evil plan, like most heroes. Compared to her, many superheroes look like hapless shmups that only run into fights without thinking, blindly punch stuff, constantly get tricked by the villains & fall into their traps (last part, where they _have_ to win just because they are heroes, doesn't count :p ). She's morally complex, which makes her much more interesting. She's nearly perfect.

I also like how they made her in Marvel Heroes game. She's well rounded character, a hybrid of sorts. She can go ranged, melee and add some AoE grenade punch to both playstyles. Because of that she never gets boring - I can always change things up and try some different gameplay angles. On top of that she is extremely effective and perfectly viable for all the in-game activities.

[​IMG]

5. OHiei

OHiei BamBam

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Black Widow
    Why: Well as you said, why not? I love her design and fell in love with her for the first time in the movies, she is all I like, red hair skinny and mature with extremely powerfull stealth techniques. I just love playing her and roll all over the place and be in stealth so my enemies can't see me. I can rush to bosses without being hit ONCE. She is the best and has an awesome atack called Coup de Grace that does insane dmg. And her voice...her voice is amazingly sexy!
    She is badass everyone shall love Black Widow!!

6. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I have to say there have been some insightful posts, learning a lot about certain heroes. Also try and go the extra mile for first place, there are many fun extra (Non-Marvel) Gift-Packs and Beta Keys for first place. Lastly, as Ogreman said earlier, do not fret if you don't get a heart as it does not rule you out by any means, but if you feel you could improve your post feel free to edit it.

7. raystaticmarvel

raystaticmarvel Ogre Newling

Credit:
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK , IRON MAN ,THOR (THE THUNDERER), DR.Strange AND the UP COMING SILVER SURFER ARE MY FAVORITES

BUT the first hero because of whom i fell in love with Marvel heroes family, which include comics, animations, movies, GAMES is THE HULK OR THE INCREDIBLE HULK

I can vividly recall still today, and those wonderful and crazy memories of how i use to wake up early in the morning at 6am though my school was to began at 10am, eagerly waiting for the "GREEN BIG GUY CALLED THE HULK" AND without a single blink of an eye i would be glued to my little chair for about 1hr for my awesome and favourite HERO "THE INCREDIBLE HULK"
    People might think that THE HULK is just brute force, but if u ask me i would admire him for this because it is his "unresolving chaos of emotions in his heart for his loved ones which led to his ultimate transformation into a WORLD BREAKING FORCE"
    His sheer will power and adamant nature to overcome obstacle in his path is a lesson to be earned by all, thus success is not far off in near future
    The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger THAT IS "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

he is "ONE MAN ARMY " capable to eradicate mountains,planets and any thing thrown at him ( THE TRUE FEAR- LESS) A ROARING LION :)
    As for the variation one could describe the "World breaker Hulk" shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth. BESIDES His strength allows him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents compensating for "flying powered heroes" :)

He even defeated THOR, destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught, withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures,nuclear explosions and planet-shattering impacts besides he exhibits both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities in space , under water and many more
    thus he is " A MASSIVE INFINITE POWER HOUSE "

FURTHER, I would say that because of his brute arrogance women hate him !! ?
    NO ! please buddies let me correct this ! but rather he is most wanted strongest hero
    who had similar powerful two sons with his deceased second wife Caiera Oldstrong, Skaar and Hiro-Kala.
    His DNA was used by scientists in the future to impregnate and create a daughter named Lyra with Thundra the warrior woman man he is so popular :)
    AND HE IS ONE OF THE MOST STRONGEST DEFENDER OF EARTH :) SO HE ROCKS for his FEAR- LESS ATTITUDE TOWARDS DANGER
    HE IS THE PROTECTOR OF THE WEAK, CARING AND SHIELDING IS LOVE-ONES AT ALL COST (ALL MEN DO :) )
    a big guy with a big heart (loveable) with a big, strong family

Secondly,to add glitter on gold hulk human form known as Bruce Banner
    Banner is considered one of the greatest scientific minds on Earth, possessing "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test.The pioneer of advanced technology dubbed "Banner-tech"which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. Some of these technologies include a force field that can protect him from the attacks of Hulk-level entities.
    thus in the end i would say he is one unique hero in the marvel universe, a deadly combination of sheer intelligence and power "a mortal fit to be called god"
    AND i thank MARVEL HEROES 2015 for this excellent game thru which we can spent time with our favorite heroes BEING THEM,PLAYING THEM, SMASHING AND DASHING THE VILLAINS, IN THE MARVEL WORLD

Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself
    MY VERDICT IS "THERE IS WAS NO ONE BETTER THAN HIM OR THERE WILL BE" :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
  8. FrendlyLeBlanc

FrendlyLeBlanc King of Shadows and Rockets The Pit

Credit:
    Favorite hero: Iron Man
    Why? I love Marvel heroes and my favorite is Iron Man :) I most love Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man :) When i was children i was watching cartoons and reading strips about Iron Man :) Iron Man is actually Tony Stark :) That is boy who smart and rich and who make suit :) He first think to save people in town but he become a super hero :) Then he come in battle vs evil guys :) There start his story about super hero :)
    He can fly, fires a beam, can active shield and everything in his suit :) Near classic suit he had more for different conditions :)
    I played game with him on mobile and on computer :) Most love Lego Marvel Super Heroes :)
    And that was my review about my favorite hero- Iron Man :)

9. Harlequinman

Harlequinman Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: The Punisher
    Why: There is nothing to tie him down or hold him back, in fact the loss of his family was simply a new begining for Frank & granted him a gift that few people ever receive which is singularity of purpose. The Punisher knows what he needs to do and goes about getting it done with no distractions, unprecedented efficiency and ruthless determination.
    The Punisher was also the First Marvel Comic I ever owned, starting with the first issue of the fantastic story Arc Requiem.

10. Ieatzerglings

Ieatzerglings Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Gambit
    Why: I have a similar reason as a lot of other Gambit fans out there... I used to watch the x-men cartoon... As a young boy what was cooler then a mutant that threw EXPLODING cards, had a Cajun accent, and fought with a bo? Every time I think of that cartoon Gambit still comes to mind and he continues to be one of my favorite super heroes. I am not embarrassed to admit that at 30, I still think about how cool it would be to have his power... sometimes I imagine the different objects I could "charge up." Anyone else remember the time he was trapped in Genosha and charged a bunch of nuts and bolts? I remember thinking "HE CAN CHARGE MORE THEN CARDS???" Mind.... BLOWN... I will also admit that throughout my life I have tried to throw cards.... VERY unsuccessfully.

I heard of Marvel Heroes right around when Gambit was released and he was a major reason I decided to check the game out.

In Marvel Heroes, Gambit started out a bit rough, however the devs listened to the communities' feedback and redesigned him. The redesign is much better and I feel like they really made the in game character true to the comics/show (not that the show is canon). I really enjoy flipping/rolling out of harms way then throwing cards at enemies. Or bo jumping into the middle of a group, doing melee damage, and then jumping out in a spray of cards. Gambit is also powered well too. He feels strong but not over powered. Finally, there are a ton of build options (melee, ranged, or hybrid), something that some of the characters (sadly) don't have yet. The visuals are really well done as well especially powers like "Fold em." I have seen the Gambit as Death costume around Stark Tower, but I haven't heard the voice work or seen it in action... the model is really well done especially the hair!

Gaz has done a really great job with Gambit. If you are a fan of the old x-men show you HAVE to check him out!

11. Tafari

Tafari Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Nightcrawler

Why: Saying that Nightcrawler was always my favorite hero would be a lie. Actually I liked him very much in the comics (mostly for his personality), but i tought he is somewhat weak when it comes to fighting. My opinion started to change after I saw the opening scene in the X2 movie. (We all remember how awsome it was right?)
    But the real turning pont came with X-Men Legends 2, in which (at least in my humble opnion) he is undoubtedly the most effective and (which is much more important for me), the most fun character to play. His teleporting ability and his acrobatic fighting skills combined together creates a unique and very very enjoyable gaming experience.
    And this continues as a tradition in Marvel Hereos. Although MH have a very different gameplay, the same recipe (teleporting ability + acrobatic fighting skills) works very well once again.
    I highly recommend to try it out four yourself!

12. darkvapor

darkvapor Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite (anti-)hero: Taskmaster
    Why: He is like a combination of every hero in the marvel universe minus the superpowers due to his photographic reflexes. This gives him a wide array of attacks and he can learn the moves of his enemies mid fight. He even runs his own training studio for villains. He is just an all around badass. He is pretty much the deathstroke of marvel(although that was supposed to be deadpool, but deadpool just does his own crazy thing now). I also really liked the taskmaster unthinkable story arc and playing him in marvel vs capcom 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  13. Heiru

Heiru Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero

Favorite Hero: Doctor Strange
    Why: I decided to straight-up buy the good Doctor when I heard just how beautiful his attack animations are. His skills create large, beautiful areas of affect that radiate beautifully with the new computer and monitor I have. The soaring winds and shocking electric blasts all intermingle nicely, showing a large amount of forethought and dedication to the visual designs. The in-game costume I bought for him has quite a nice aesthetic, as well.
    Also, I had never read a Doctor Strange comic until I started playing him. The stories are very interesting and have quite different plots, environments and tones compared to other mainstream comic titles. In summary, he is the Sorcerer Supreme for a good reason.

14. BigVessXpress

BigVessXpress Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Captain America
    Why: There are really two reasons he gets the nod. First, Captain America is a really interesting character from the outset because he is out-and-out an inversion of the thing he's fighting against. Here you have a 6'5" blonde haired, blue eyed, representation of the 'ubermensch' but he's also the standard for fighting against those promoting that ideal. He is pretty much built from the ground up to personally insult and frustrate the thing he's fighting against. And not only is he the representation of that ideal, he's the ONLY representation of that ideal since he's the one existing Super Soldier. It's just cool seeing a character purpose built for a message like that standing up to the test of time.

Second reason Cap is great, is that in the hands of the correct writer he's a representation of what people can aspire to and what "America" means. He's an aspirational figure in the truest sense of the word. That's not to say he's not flawed, far from it, there are plenty of examples of him maybe being overly rigid in his thinking or too willing to pick a fight when it may not be necessary, but I think he's one of those few fictional characters that has enough clout with people (along with maybe only Superman) to do some real good and have a real impact on people in the real world. That's pretty powerful stuff when you think about someone who was purpose built for punching Hitler in the face and not a whole lot of thought given to him beyond that role initially.

15. totylcf

totylcf Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Iron Man
    Why: he has extra-ordinary brain capacity and a bent for making things. A genuine example of someone who’s very rich and doing genuinely cool things with it. He has a hilarious one-liner for every situation, and everything he says is soaked through with sarcasm. He has a different look, attitude, and skillset than the rest of the superhero gang. Because he stands out from the crowd. Watching him in a fight is incredibly exciting, because you're never quite sure what's going to happen (except that you know he's going to come out still swinging when it's all over).
    Iron man is the best hero ever in Marvel heroes. Excellent damage, shield, damage reduction, funny ultimate power and very very funny comments. he was my first 60 & i prestiged him

16. toknoy05

toknoy05 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite: Deadpool

why: The merc with a mouth has continued to rise in popularity over the past few years. People have fallen in love with his wit and personality. He's like Spider-Man on steroids when it comes to driving his opponents crazy. Combine that with a healing factor that protects him from all harm and you have an unkillable joke machine.

17. leonardgsuan

leonardgsuan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The THING!!!

Why: It's clobberin time! How many of us know that catchphrase? The Thing is so well known and likable for his common man sensibility and his plight of being trapped in a monstrous body. All he wants is to not be a superhero and return to a normal life. In the meantime he is one of the most well known members of The Fantastic Four and takes his frustrations out on the bad guys. Ol' blue eyes is one character that people love and will continue to be a fan favorite.

[​IMG]

18. FlatPancake

FlatPancake Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Spider-Man
    Why: Unlike what people commonly say, I never grew up reading Spider-Man as a teenager or found solace in his comics because he was a bullied, misunderstood nerd. I watched some of the 90s animated series, as well the other animated Marvel series, but not much of it ever stood out in memory. It wasn't until later on as I got older did I pick up reading Spider-Man comics sparsely. I hopped onto Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, which served as a great jumping point for someone who only read a few trades here or there. With what little I had remembered about Spider-Man, it was such a refreshing take on the character while keeping to the forever going moral struggles Peter's faced through. The changes to the Ultimate universe, the differences that it made to try an appear unique and new, really got me interested into the main Spidey, and that's only deepened since then.

While Spider-Man's superpowers are certainly cool and interesting, and the ways he has evolved (and devolved) them over the decades have been a great read, it's his character and what he stands for that makes him my favorite. Like early Cyclops, Peter represents the good, moral, and just, and he has always stood at the center of conflicts and debates as the every man who fights for that. He's always been written as the centered individual who could be so much worse, where one mistake and difference could have led him towards becoming a villain that would rival Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, or the Jackal. Even when things go astray in his life, aside from when editorials decide to rear their heads in (curse you, Quesada), he (usually) adheres himself to what he believes is right. Like many heroes, he's also not just a man of violence, and he's proven countless times his ingenuity, his willpower, and his humanity when dealing against his enemies. He's amicable and sensible, and understands the struggles of everyday citizens.

Admittedly, if I ever had his powers, I'd probably spend a good time wishing I had organic webshooters, since you can't be Spidey without the swinging. He represents the best of man and those in the superhero community, and if I had to pick a reason besides the powers as to why I'd want to be him, it'd definitely be to show that the comic book ideals he embodies aren't alone to comics.

19. T0bias

T0bias Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Nightcrawler.

Son of Azazel and Mystique, despite his suspect parentage Nightcrawler has remained one of the most incorruptibly good-natured heroes in the Marvel universe.

20. Spike315

Spike315 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Captain America
    Why: Captain Steve Rogers is a role model, without a doubt. He stands up for what he believes in. No matter the cost. He has shown time and time again regardless of what the country or the general public thinks of him, that he will always do the right thing. That he will always jump head first without hesitation to protect the people and their rights.

Steve Rogers has always been the hero. Even as a scrawny kid, he fought for justice. The super soldier serum did not make him a better person. It didn't increase his bravery. It didn't increase his hard work. Steve Rogers was always the brave person who would die to save others without a hesitation, super serum or not. This point alone makes him a role model. He didn't need some kind of tragedy to become a hero. He didn't wait for some kind of sudden power to give him the responsibility. He's always had the responsibility.

These qualities make him a gifted leader that can command even the most powerful of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. They follow him rarely without question as they know he has everyone's best interest at heart, and would never issue an order that could cause great harm.

[​IMG]

He has shown without enhanced/superhuman abilities, we can still help others. He has shown with enhanced/superhuman abilities, we can still help others. That's why Captain America will always be my favorite here, he embodies the word in every way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.