1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone got bad ?!

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by Lelouch Vi Bosnia, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Lelouch Vi Bosnia

Lelouch Vi Bosnia BamBam

Credit:
    I've been playning hs back in the beta and when it got out as well .. I stopped a few weeks ago because I think the changes they made arent really good .. adding so much new cards / every month is a season end etc. what do you thinkg old hearthstone or new hearthstone ? :smash:

2. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Really great game,best card game for me.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    How is adding new cards to a card game bad? The new expansion only added 30 new cards btw.

Seasons last one month to add to the challenge and keep everyone on equal footing. You also get a free card back each season just for reaching rank 20 and you also get free ranks in the new season based on progress in the previous one.

4. Dragan945

Dragan945 I'm the Gamer ;] The Pit

Credit:
    For me is a good card game :)

5. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I play this game for maybe 3-4 days ...
    and I would say yu gi oh online is much better game then HS ...
    I am not impressed ...

6. sole

sole MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    HS in my opinion is the best card game i've ever played, its really funny and u'll never be angry or mad when u lose :)

7. FrendlyLeBlanc

FrendlyLeBlanc King of Shadows and Rockets The Pit

Credit:
    I not played old but now watch to start this new... :) Good game

8. Faceroll

Faceroll MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I'm still playing it just not to often. It's more of using certain deck type that pro's made and just win rankeds. There is no fun anymore. nobody theorycrafts etc. I liked new expansion because it countered meta. but there are still people doing same deck types. and pro's came with new decks and they keep copying them. no fun at all if you ask me :(

9. Aaddron

Credit:
    Todays gaming society is all about being optimal... it's stupid, it's annoying and people need to learn to just enjoy the game instead of forcing themselves into boring optimal builds and forcing everyone else to do that same.

It's common in card games to copy good decks as in theory it gives you the best chance to win and you don't have to concern yourself with making your own way. I myself find it more fun just to build my own deck, win or lose I really don't care... it's more fun that way.

It can be annoying going up against the same type of decks over and over but then again Hearthstone isn't all that big so it's kinda expected. On the flip side even games like Magic with tons and tons more cards usually comes down to a handful of optimal builds so I don't know, balance vs variety is always a tricky thing.

10. Faceroll

Faceroll MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I agree. People tend to go on twitch and watch pro player's like Trump and copy his deck. I watched Athene(If you ever heard of him) make his own deck and theorycrafted his deck from start. At that moment i realised how toxic community was if you try to make your new deck as beginneer or just try to theorycraft. I've made my own PoE and Hearthstone builds/decks and i've been dominating. 10x in row legendary. I just never posted my deck and never will because i want to encourage people to make their own decks. As you said it's really frustrating to go against same decks. RGM plays big role in this game. so even if you have right deck to counter for example. Miracle Rogue. getting non-taunts for example really destroys you. even if you have like 20 taunts in your deck(was just example). But i think Blizzard knows this and they are implementing new cards to shuffle the meta little bit. Atleast blizz doesn't enforce meta like riot does..

11. Aaddron

Credit:
    Indeed, the RNG in this game can be insane. I hate to say it's luck based but sometimes it really really is. I've lost matches I should of won easily simply because of the worse draws ever. On the flip side I've gotten really luck with some crazy good hands. That said, still are times were it feels too luck based but I think some of that comes along with how simple the game is.

I also agree it's good to see Blizzard has been trying to mix things up a bit, I hate when games are like... this is the meta, deal with it. That just gets boring.

12. ja007

ja007 MMORPGer

Credit:
    HS is rly good game for me is best.

13. UchihaGuy

UchihaGuy MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    really good game but card games get borring :p

14. FrendlyLeBlanc

FrendlyLeBlanc King of Shadows and Rockets The Pit

Credit:
    It not bad game and that is first game on my list to start her :)

15. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    yea aaddron is right ...
    tha game is based on luck ... and I am not a fan from games that are ...
    Game is not based on skill ...

But why are then in some card games always the same players in the finale ? :)
    Sure ... you need skill too + luck ..

16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Sometimes it's based on luck, not all the time. It takes the right set of cards and knowing how to use them, at the highest levels it becomes even more skillful as it's all about knowing what your opponent is gonna do before he/she does it. Then baiting them into making the moves you want them to.

When I first started I thought it was about luck, it just felt random but as I played more and could start anticipating and knowing what the opponent should have (like you can only have 2 of each card), it started to become a lot more interesting.