1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

A Cherub's Musings

Discussion in 'Smite' started by LosmiK, Jul 2, 2015.

1. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A Cherub's Musings

[​IMG]

Cupid’s Journal: March 24th 2015

[00:45] Man carcass in ditch near outcropping. Arrow through burst stomach. Minions are afraid of me. They have seen my true face. Geb watching the carnage. He’s afraid of me, too. Good. Should be. Lanes are extended ditches and the ditches are full of blood and when the ditches finally scab over, all the vermin in the Jungle will drown. The accumulated filth of all their carnage will foam up about their waists and all their so-called gods will look up and shout “Save us!â€...and I’ll look down from a cloud and whisper “No.â€

[1:30] They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father, Vulcan. A decent man who believed in a day’s work for a day’s pay. Instead they followed in the droppings of lechers like Aphrodite and anarchists like Loki and didn’t realize the trail led over to another precipice until it was too late. A minion tells me he didn’t have a choice. He begs like a dog. I split his head with an arrow. I put him down.

[4:10] I'm hit. Going to base.

[​IMG]

[5:00] Now the whole universe--heavens and Earth--stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, and all those brutes and archers and pawns… all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.

[6:00] I kill Artemis.

[9:30] Artemis kills me. I blame Geb. Useless. It’s a thirty second walk back to the enemy tower. Educational. I was sized up by “friendly†minions. I waded through their sea of pleas and half-hearted threats. Then I stepped across a field of human rubble on my way to kill the witch. I see her.

[10:00] The witch is dead. I kill the tower.

[17:30] I fight Fire Giant. This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle--broken, spent, unable to move. And were I an older god, I surely would… But I’m Cupid. Poseidon’s rain on my chest is a baptism--and I’m born again… The Giant is dead.

[​IMG]

[18:00] I kill Athena. I respected her. In the cemetery, all the white crosses stand in rows, neat chalk marks on a giant score board. Like a game. Like a computer video game. Is that what happens to us? A life of conflict with no time for friends… so that when it’s done, only our enemies leave roses. Violent lives, ending violently… we never die in bed. Not allowed.

[21:06] All enemy towers destroyed. We march on Mount Olympus.

[24:15] Phoenix is dead. Ironic. Athena understood. She saw the cracks in society, saw the little men trying to hold it together… She saw the true face of this Conquest and chose to become a blood-thirsty reflection, a parody of it. No one else saw the joke. That’s why she was lonely.

[24:30] Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he’s depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says “Treatment is simple. Bacchus is in town tonight. He’s throwing a party. Go and see him. That should pick you up.†Man bursts into tears. Says “But doctor… I am Bacchus.†Titan is dead. VVGG.

Written by Jacob Crawford

This article, along with a cacophony of others, appeared in Issue #15 of The Official SMITE Magazine which launched June 23rd. Be sure to check it out! Official SMITE Magazine | GameOn Magazine