1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

A MMORPG like Runes of Magic

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Glazed, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    It seems like and is a little strange how the game that I like the most is one of the best clones of WoW. I was wondering, was there a game like RoM? I want to know because RoM is like WoW. Every other MMORPG that is F2P is either a generic Korean grinder style game, to I-don't-know-how-to-describe-SUN's-style, or is another generic looking Eastern themed MMORPG.

Interesting enough, though I didn't think it would matter too much since nearly everyone is trying to copy it, but I was wondering if there was any more games trying to clone WoW in a significant way like how RoM and Allods Online does? Don't suggest Alganon.

2. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i was going to say allods:p.

3. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Hmmmm, weird, I think RoM is, "eventhough a WoW clone" its a pretty good MMORPG. RoM is a game that limits the Exhausting grind of most other free MMORPG's. S.U.N to me is kind of a "Guild Wars clone" IMO.

RoM I think is one of the better free MMORPG's out there. If you want a DPS preist, you can make one. If you want a healing tank, then you can make one. If you want a hunter(scout) tank, you can make one. If you want a tank mage, you can make one. You are also able to have a guild castle, and your own house in RoM. WoW does not allow this. But the problem with RoM is......Depending on your computer speed, It takes a few hours to Download. I read a post in one of the offical RoM forums one time, that it takes between 5 to 10 hours to download.

I do recommend RoM for a TOP NOTCH free MMORPG. Unless you are one of those people that likes level grinding? Then Download Perfect World, Shaiya, or Last Chaos. I find Level grinding is exhausting and unfun. Tis why I been playing RoM like crazy.

To Those scanning the boards, I will list the class combinations you can make in RoM, and there are only two Races:
    Race=Humen and Elf
    Classes:
    Knight
    Warrior
    Scout
    Rouge
    Preist
    Mage
    Druid
    Warden

These are the classes you can mix and match in RoM. You are able to pick two of all the classes to train in for your toon. Here are some of my class combo's I been using, and having a ball leveling them.

Knight Preist, Knight Scout, Druid Preist. Warden Scout. Mage Rouge, Warrior Knight

Each classes have elite skills you can train in. The cool thing is, for an example, if you switch the classes around you learn different elite skills. Such as.

A Knight Preist, Will learn diifferent elite skills then a Preist Knight. A Knight Scout is considered a Tanking class, but a Scout Knight is considered a DPS class. Kinda cool ehh?

So no, RoM is not to much like WoW, its a unique MMORPG.

4. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Oh, I'm sorry you went through the trouble of typing that. I already play RoM, but I didn't know WoW didn't allow guild castles and player homes. :/

Well, thank you for confirming how good the game is. I guess it's still one of the best so far.

But uh, is there a MMO where there's a game master and the other players have to complete challenges and stuff and make it to the end? Something like dungeons and dragons.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  5. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Don't suggest dungeon party. I'm pretty sure it's a good game, but I run into so many technical problems with the game, and there's such a lack of players on, there's no point in trying to play

6. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    I was gonna say Dungeon Party :p I am sorry that I missed read your post. I thought you said, you tried RoM but it was to much like WoW, and eventhough RoM was a good game you wanted something that wasn't like WoW.

Confused yet? I am :D

But yeah as the post I stated above RoM is deffently the best free one so far. Oh and BTW Glazed I am on Govinda realm. My Toons name is Depree. he's a Knight/Preist. If you are ever in my neck of the woods in Govinda, give me a shout.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  7. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Oh, I'm sorry. I'm on the Armteis server, or whatever it's called.

Anyways, I'm not gonna give up on Dungeon Party yet, but it's not looking hopeful yet. Anyways, just to assure you since you and I are sorta confused, RoM is a great game, and I think I like it because it's alot like WoW, but I still don't mind and kinda want to find something else that is just as good and looks just as good or even better.

8. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    You know, I'm starting to think what I'm actually looking for is a social MMO of a MMOG or just a MOG, instead of a MMORPG. It's just that most MMOs are room-based or social MMOs (which aren't bad but listen to this) that usually are P2P or make it where almost every frickin thing in the game requires real life money, like how Second Life does.

Free realms is also another good example. It claims to be F2P, but you got so many restrictions and a level 5 cap for almost every job, you might as well subscribe.

9. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Runes of Magic must be doing something right if you want a clone:pleased:

Free Realms is good too....I just find it debatable whether either is free if you want to have the best time.

10. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Naw. Free realms is like most kid MMOs. It's a false-free game. It used to be free but you could only play half (or a little more) of the jobs for as long as you like, and as for other restrictions, you couldn't get premium items, and you couldn't get on the score boards, and there is possibly a few mini-games in some places you can't play, but other than that, it was a fair enough, free enough game.

Now, it's like other kid MMOs (for new characters). They cut off like 3/4 or 5/6 of the game from you by making it where almost all of the jobs you can only play until level 5, which is a very low level, and possibly adding more of other restrictions.

The only other jobs that you can play for free forever, I think, is explorer and card duelist. Explorer just runs around exploring free realms (but still sorta fun), and card dueling is sorta fun, but really. Do you wanna card duel the entire time, or do you wanna do action-packed kart racing and demolition derby, along with soccer, ship battles, fight monsters as a ninja or wizard or warrior (and more), be a chef, be a blacksmith, be a mail man, be a pet trainer, own a home with a yard and a pet to play with, have a party, and much more?!

However, they got a new alternative to paying. Now, you can buy from one month of play to an entire year of play with money instead of having to subscribe and pay a monthly fee.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  11. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I can tell by your other posts that you are playing the original, not a clone. I would stay with RoM to avoid lesser games.

12. Xavator

Xavator Clubbed For Multiple Accounts

Credit:
  13. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    No thank you. I left because of game problems.

14. hack10

hack10 Ogre Star Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  15. Adrian

Adrian Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.