1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

A PC build for a friend.

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by Daki2, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daki2

Daki2 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I wanted to post a pc build I put together for a friend in the UK. He's on a 600 pound budget so I think its nice that I went a bit under budget. The build doesn't include a case though, that's because the exact model is not included in the part-picker list. Also I cheap-ed out on the gpu because he intends to upgrade to a gtx 970 in the near future.

Intel Core i5-4690K, MSI Radeon R9 280 - Matthew Option 1 - Daki's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

The case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/aero-cool-E...80?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1414262361&sr=1-80

So, what do you guys think, I think its a pretty solid build. Leave your thought or changes below.

(note: It might look over-budget if you add the case price, I assure you its under the actual budget because he has Amazon prime.)

Cheers :grin:

2. Mihajlo

Mihajlo Clubbed for Trying to Cash Out

Credit:
    Really good configuration, though i'm not sure if he's gonna overclock his processor... if he's not gonna do it 4690 would be cheaper... anyway both 4690 and 4690k require cpu cooler because their stock one is garbage.

3. CroRonaldoFTW

CroRonaldoFTW Spiked Club

Credit:
  4. paksupro4

paksupro4 Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Soo good build ... and that is a lot of money for pc .... maybe i7 is better but this is good too :D

5. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    600 pounds budget ... wow :)
    btw really good configuration !

6. Daki2

Daki2 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Update: I revised the build and my friend saw no problem in saving a little bit more money so I made some changes: Intel Core i5-4690K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, Zalman Z3 Plus - Final Revision-V2 - Daki's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

To address some of your responses first up: Mihajlo, While I told him it would be cheaper to get a non K CPU he also wanted the option to overclock it in the future as such I took the K part.

paksupro4: An i7 would be just a waste of money as he isn't planning on doing any productivity with his PC just gaming and what little productivity he will be doing the 4690k will be more than enough for it.

I would also like to thank all of you for your kind compliments on the first version of this build but I think you'll like this one better.

Toodles :grin:

7. ogisamisule

ogisamisule Clubbed for Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    If the guy is looking for a gaming PC, and I know he is, buy AMD PROCESSORS GUYS!! AMD has the techonoly for gaming that beast intel, and leaves it far far behind, also AMD processors are good for rendering, that's why your games will run smoothly! I recommend a 6 core AMD FX6300 it's cheap, but good :)
    EDIT:

Also get a NVidia GTX 750 or 750ti if you have more money, hyperbeast ram, 16 gbs, one SSD about 250gb, and one HDD about 1, 1,5 tb. :) power supply choose your self, motherboard look for one that has a chipset compatibile with AMD FX6300 if you're buying that one! Case-Cooler master storm stryker series, the best ones, really looking cool! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.