1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Are these games good or bad, and which ones should I try?

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Glazed, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Well, I have given up on Ms. right now (as far as talking about MMORPGs), and looking into the future for Ms. future and Ms. right.

There's 4 games I've found that looked cool and I'm wanting to try since I got access to them.

First, is Ys Online. It looked cool, but here's what I've heard of it, basically: Few character customization options, classes are race locked (it's that "humans can't be archers because they're not one with nature" crap all over again), all point and click, and those are just some of the bad things I've heard of it.

Another is Alganon, but I also haven't played it yet. I've read alooooot of criticism about it being a serious WoW clone. It's like everyone is saying it. It's making me doubt it.

So far, the only 2 games that I haven't heard any bad things about and are pretty dang good so far, are Neverdaunt: 8bit, and Bright Shadow.

Are those first two games I said that bad? And what good up coming MMORPGs do you think I would be interested in?

2. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I heard Bright Shadow is good but I havent play it yet. The other 3 I don't know much about.

Dragon Oath is in open beta this week. Have you played yet?

3. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    Being a WoW clone isn't really a bad thing, after all, what game wouldn't like to be like WoW?

I'm playing the Karos Online CBT at the moment, the 2nd phase has ended but the 3rd phase should start sometime soon.

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Dragon Oath is good and CrimeCraft is now free.

5. anymotion

anymotion DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I can also say that Dragon oath is really fun, although the clicking gets REALLY tedious. Dragon oath has 9 classes, and you can buy skills from the class masters and there are a LOT of features that keep the game pretty exciting.

Edit: I played Dragon oath in alpha testing and pre closed beta testing.

6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i heard 8bit is not bad.

7. slessman

slessman Big Brute

Credit:
    Well, if you are looking for some new games that give you customization options you could try Ryzom. It has a lot of what you are looking for. You should do some more research about the game and see if it suits your needs.

8. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I head Bright Shadow is awesome.

9. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    WoW Clones? Its not that developers of a new game are coping off WoW. It is what is a "User Friendly" game. WoW haters will pick a game and say, "No that game is a WoW clone I am not gonna try it." It is not a clone it is away that makes the game familar and easy to learn for Newbies to the MMORPG world.

Personaly I think the Skill bar design, and quest giving NPC designs, are perfect for any MMORPG. Or the "WoW Design of useing actions, and spells is a brillant idea for massive MMORPG's." I don't think there is a such thing as a WoW clone, or Everquest clone, etc. I am just happy that alot of new introduced MMORPG's are familar and easy to learn, then other game designs can be.

That is like saying: "Oh Battlefield (a MMOFPS) and its franchise's are all a Call of Duty, and Medal of Honor Halo clones." It is not, they are all just user friendly, which is familiar to the MMOFPS worlds. The different designs make both the MMORPG, and the MMOFPS games alot easier to learn for anyone.

10. spaceconquests

spaceconquests Little Spike

Credit:
    agree

well i am agree with last comment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.