1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Brand New Shoot’em Up MMO for 2010

Discussion in 'Game News' started by ogreman, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Seoul, January 6 – A game combining the all-time-favorite arcade genre, shoot’em up and MMO is a recent hot topic among gamers. The game is Valkyrie Sky whose open beta service was released last December 28th at global game portal GameKiss.

Despite a flood of different game genres, gamers choose the shoot’em up genre likely because of its tension and sense of accomplishment when successfully dodging a storm of bullets.

<All time favorite shoot’em up genre. There have been continuous developments within the genre> (*For reference images, there are games such as Ikari Warrior and Space Invaders.)

In the early days users could initially move characters—usually an aircraft-- only left and right, and later to four directions. However the users’ freedom was still limited as they could only choose one character from a set. Valkyrie Sky, therefore, is a revolutionary shoot’em up MMO in which users can develop their own characters and change character’s abilities when they face high-level stages.

Not only does Valkyrie Sky develop fun elements that require immediate reaction and high control ability, it also adds RPG elements for 2010. For example, instead of monotonous hunting on the field like in ordinary RPG games, Valkyrie Sky has excitingly tense shooting game stages. In order to avoid turning into a repeatable arcade game, the game includes an RPG’s character growth, fishing, cooking, and playing instruments. It furthermore adds a life system and community elements with a high degree of freedom. The mix of two different genres could have been bizarre, but resulted in a perfect combination in Valkyrie Sky. Even the Norse North Mythology naturally integrates into the shooting and RPG genres.

<By boosting the status and adding items, users can strengthen characters>

Because of the combination of two opposing genres’, gamers have been half curious, half worried. But the results of the OBT exceed the expectations. The number of users logging in simultaneously is increasing everyday as new gamers join not only from the U.S. and Canada but also from European countries including Poland, Germany and France.

Valkyrie Sky will be the best choice for 2010 not only for fans of shoot’em up genres but also gamers who were looking for a new game to replace existing lackluster RPGs.

Registration, download and playing of Valkyrie Sky are provided worldwide, and can be enjoyed free of charge. More details of Valkyrie Sky can be found at the official website: Arcade Shooting MMORPG - Valkyrie Sky

2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I'll try this one...depends how dominant a pay system it has.

and it has summoners...awesome!

3. JaredOzzy

JaredOzzy The Legendary Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am gonna try it aswell!

4. quinn

Credit:
    Hey jared., once you play for a while, tell me how much they want you to pay for stuff?

Like if it's possible to be good without buying tons of supporter items.

5. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Shoot 'em Ups, man, I wish I could be good at them, but it's soooo hard to dodge the bullets!
    Anyway, I'll give this a try, may be slow on my old computer though lol

6. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Sure quinn im on it atm just registered and all

7. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Looks like u can play without buying anything but its not a game that i'm not Playing it im downloading it but its gonna take a hour

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  8. quinn

Credit:
    Wow...is it big or you just have slow internets?

9. JaredOzzy

Credit:
    Lol Slow Internet But getting new connection when we move to the new house P:

And theres a whole bunch of stuff to download

10. quinn

Credit:
    Ewww, does the installer download more? That's dumb.

11. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    It's annoying when you download a game, and then when you install it, it suddenly decides it needs more files, so downloads EVEN more! I also hate the first time you update a game, it always takes a huge time.

And, btw, the client is 500MB, so it's not big, no.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  12. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I hate that too!

13. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    Not as annoying as when you download the 2GB DFO, only to find out it's not available in Australia, despite the fact that in the publishers about page, it clearly states "Delivering games to all players in the Americas and Oceania."

It doesn't even say NA only on the DFO homepage, you just get a little message popping up when you've downloaded and installed the ridiculously large file that you can't play it.

14. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    MORE THAN ONE DOWNLOAD??? oh noes!! red flag!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.