1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Rules

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, we need a sticky thread for this since the current chatbox doesn't have this and some of these rules must be placed somewhere. Please keep in mind that all regular forum rules also apply, even though they aren't explicitly stated here.

1. Must have at least 15 posts to chat.

2. No blowups in chat. Anybody doing this in any language for whatever reason can be moderated and then clubbed.

3. Not going to answer questions about somebody else being clubbed or put in the Pit in chat. If somebody happens to get clubbed in chat for not following the rules and you have a question about it, PM me.

4. No shop questions or comments in chat. Again, please PM me instead. This goes especially for new or very inactive members because it has been abused and the shop is meant for active members only. If the case is too extreme, a clubbing can be called for. In other words, if you have not posted in years please do not go in chat and complain about not having any money for the shop lol.

5. Do not use chat to complain about post deletions. Instead, feel free to send myself, Aaddron, or pureevil4 a question about stuff that may have been deleted.

6. Chat should not be used to report problems. If it is urgent etc send me a PM. Otherwise, you can report it in our support forum here.

7. Have fun with the community. That is what chat is meant for:).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    frost flasher, Moha1857 and DMC like this.
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Please do not discuss or ask for points or cards in chat. Doing so (especially multiple times) could result in a trip to the Pit. Unlike before, you still have points in the Pit, so this may be used more for chat violators going forward since it still removes you from chat.

Moha1857 and DMC like this.
  3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Also, please do not use chat just to call attention to a PM from you, especially if it is card related. May have to start adding time for this because not a big fan of that being done.

New members used to really abuse that with some giveaways. They could not wait so they decided to invade chat to try to get it faster. A few even flamed chat when I had just given them the codes lol.

Moha1857 likes this.
  4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, had to add another rule here:

6. Chat should not be used to report problems. If it is urgent etc send me a PM. Otherwise, you can report it in our support forum here.

This is caused by a few factors, but one of the biggest is stating the problem in a way that could be misunderstood by anybody who reads it in chat. For example, going into chat which is on the forum and talking about the blog without making that clear. I may know what you mean, but, since it is in chat, everybody else who reads it probably won't.

Moha1857 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.