1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

City of Steam - Will an industrial theme draw your attention?

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by CoS_Shirley, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Hi everyone. Mechanist Games is developing a BROWSER-BASED MMORPG game called CITY OF STEAM. Now we’re finishing the dungeon levels and combat design. Betas are expected in the near future. The game is an industrial age fantasy, set in a mechanical world where revolutions of clockworks, steamworks, combustion and lighter-than-air phlogiston.

[​IMG]

The races and the monsters in it are not cute, but they're quite COOL!! Will you like them? Any feedback will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  2. CoS_Ethan

CoS_Ethan Ogre Newling

Credit:
    We are making an Indie game, any opinion?

Hey guys, I am from Indie game developer, we are currently developing (already spent more than 2 years on it) a BROWSER-based MMORPG under the name City of Steam, it is a Unity-powered game with nearly zero download which we aim to launch in the first quater of 2012. We just launched the Alpha test and are still debugging, we want to know your first impressions on our game, and your feedback can help us improve it! Please feel free to ask me questions. Personally, the graphics look gorgeous for a BROWSER game, even comparable to some online client-based games I've ever played. And the stories are full of originality and steampunk.Check more info about the game, please search City of Steam by Google, if you want more sccreenshots, please go to City of Steam facebook page. And our trailer will be finished in less 2 weeks.:)

BASIC INFO

Industry! City of Steam is a browser-based, Free-to-play online RPG, in which players explore an industrial world of clockworks, steamworks, combustion and lighter-than-air phlogiston.

Flavor! City of Steam is packed! There are no endless boring terrains, no travel time, no feature-sparse barren-lands. The intricate world detail adds layers of depth, diversity and intrigue to every small location. It's literally bursting with flavor.

History! Massive networks of pipes, gears, bridges, tunnels and towering spires have been built on years of neglect and abandonment. And in the cracks and crevasses, untold evils thrive unchecked. Every monument, building and suburb has its own tale to tell.

Politics! It is up to the new age of hardy adventurers to aid the Triumvirs, the local governing body, to clean up the decaying regions of the city. But the plot thickens when other powerful factions entertain their own agendas.

Take a look at some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are small, so we will be honest and listen to your feedback carefully!

3. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    City of Steam - turn based or real-time combat

City of Steam is semi-action game, that is, you needn't enter into a small map or another map, but you need to choose your action strategically, to cut, to defense, or to run away......

It's kind of turn-based, but the time is quite limited and the action is so quick. You even haven't realized that there is a round already.

Some people love real-time combat because you needn't wait for the monsters' response and it's simple enough, click, cut, click, cut...... but it turns out to be boring in others' eyes.

What type of the combat do you like? Is semi-action game kind of balance and makes the game more interesting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  4. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Even though City of Steam is a browser-based game, we still expect wonderful experience in it. We design and add many ability effects and the in-game effects. They look awesome, you'll be thrilled!

[​IMG]

Does it look cool? hmmm......

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Did you want us to add this MMORPG to our Directory?

6. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    We're still developing the game, and it would be wonderful if we have the chance to introduce it to more guys. Is there any requirement or procedure to add in your directory?

7. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    There's an input form for it here.

8. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Has submitted it. Thanks for your help, pureevil4

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  10. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    City of Steam is full of industrial elements. Steampunk makes everything different. Recently we're focusing on the central city. More and more cities will be available in the future. And you can go to other cities by train or passing the dungeons. Would you like to buy the ticket or carve out a way through the enemy?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  11. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Show you the first 4 classes in beta test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37bM0TOXMQ

Personally, I think it's too short!! It's a bit hard to describe a class within such a limited time. There are more cool stuff which is not showed in this video. We'll release more videos later and, of course, hope you can explore more when the game is launched.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  12. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    City of Steam: Ebonwax Central: First Look

City of Steam: Ebonwax Central: First Look - YouTube

Although this scene is rife with detail and interactivity, the architecture and terrain are generated procedurally by the free Unity3D Web Player from a single 2.7 megabyte file that only needs to be downloaded once. A wide palette of reusable level elements lets us create huge environments with a minimal footprint, an ideal combination for a browser-based MMORPG.

13. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Recently I'm engaged in bulk of market researches....In case I have no time to log in this weekend, I should say it in advance: Merry Christmas!

Best wishes from Mechanist Games and Me.:D

It's a pity that our game couldn't be launched now. We keep improving it and we do not want to let you down.

[​IMG]

But we hope we can celebrate all the festivals with you next year, including the festivals in real life and those which only exist in City of Steam. It has its own history. Why not having its own festivals?

What do you usually do when the festivals come? Do you have fun with the guys in your guild?

The guys in my guild asked me to sing a song this weekend. well, I think my voice is not bad, but I'm headache when I need to decide what to sing...

Again, Merry Christmas, and enjoy your weekend!

BTW, if I want to modify the information of our game in the directory, what's the procedure?

14. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
    Preview of your home!

Design Dev Journal 2012-01-10 | City of Steam Official Website

When you‘re tired of fighting against monster, go home.

All the characters in one account will share the room but they will have their private quarters.

The home is kind of neat and it's waiting for your effort to keep it clean and even upgrading.

What do you expect from the house except customization?

[​IMG]

15. CoS_Shirley

CoS_Shirley Little Spike

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.