1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by ogreman, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Touka kirishima

Touka kirishima Big Bad Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i use rags, cotton and blower, blower with blowing cold air i remove all part with care and clean it 1 by 1 with care in ram use eraser, processor i use clean cotton after i clean the processor i use thermal paste

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. P0WER

P0WER Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    thanks for the tips on cleaning pc

3. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I would like to clean my pc by myself, but i have to take it to the service because of guarant(it has some kind of sticker on it so it cant be opened)

4. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Um.. Can i have a say at this..?
    I clean my pc with rags.. And... Brushes..

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Compressed air is usually the best way to remove dust, but just opening the case of your computer and removing dust without compressed air is good enough, especially if there's a lot of dust near the fan. Otherwise, replacing the fan is another option, especially if you think the fan's been damaged or worn down.

6. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Lol I always used a Hoover nozzle while cupping the nozzle so the metal don’t touch anything inside my pc, people always told me never to use a hoover is bad it’ll ruin your pc well there full of crap cause I’ve been doing this for 15yrs never had anything go wrong. It’ll only go wrong if you shove the hoover nozzle inside an wack it about but everyone knows you have to treat a pc like a woman hahaha.

7. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think it's just a word of caution from people who repair computers a lot. Certain things can ruin a computer, but a lot of times it's an extremely low probability. It's more like an advice, if you're too concern about your computer.

You can think of it this way. When you open your computer, you should always ground yourself, but if you forget to, there is a chance, albeit low odds, that you damage parts of your computer. But most of the time, the computer survives from a small discharge of electricity.

Rizlaftw likes this.