1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    AMD just released a huge update for its GPUs. The biggest feature being Relive which is their version of Shadowplay or Share as it's known now (Shadowplay was a better name imo). They really hit it out of the park though, it not only matches Share but has even beat it slightly in some games. Is some early bugs but that's too be expected on launch day these days... hopefully they'll work them all out quickly. Unlike Nvidia, it doesn't require any registration to use either.

Another interesting feature is Radeon Chill, it's only supported in a small number of games atm but the idea is when you aren't moving the framerates will wind down to save power, reducing heat and fan noise. It's a great idea especially for MMOs where you spend a lot of time standing around in between gameplay. Should also help with menus that in some games run at like 2000 fps, quickly heating up the card and ramping up the fans.

Overall it's a really great update for AMD, which is really great for the GPU market overall. Nvidia's GPU dominance is dangerous, so anything AMD can do to get back into that fight and hopefully keep pressure on Nvidia to keep innovating, is all the better for everyone!

2. Aaddron

Credit:
  3. Aaddron

Credit:
    Making solid progress in RuneScape this month, nothing crazy but the xp is rolling decently. Got to try out Radeon Chill, it's pretty great! Hoping RuneScape gets support someday as it seems like a perfect game for it... lots of standing around in between movements.

Switch was recently featured on TV, was a small 5 minute spot or so but it's look really good! Can't wait for January to get more info.

Still loving my mechanical keyboard, now that it's been worked in it's lost a tad of it's click but feels even better overall. It's really a great experience. Really would suggest anyone who does lots of typing... preferably not in a quiet room lol because it's pretty loud... but really it feels great on your fingers even after lots of typing.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
  5. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Started learning vector graphics. It seems fun. No time for watching anime tho. ..

6. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Started season in "great way" haha in flex i was getting too much trolls had 3 7 and got to the gold 2,last season i was gold 1 so ok,but so unmotivated got to the solo duo and i have 0 5,haha so proud of it

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Aaddron

Credit:
    My Animal Crossing: New Leaf town turned 1 year old yesterday! Have over 250 hours clocked, it was a really great first year. I'm not playing the game nearly as much as I use too but it's still fun to drop into. The game has so much to collect and earn that you really never run out. Hopefully sometime this year I'll finally get my second blue rose. -_-

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played some Affordable Space Adventures today, probably the most unique co-op game I've ever played. It's really really well done. I could see it getting too hard at some point but thus far it's been OK, thankfully the game isn't overly punishing for what it's setting out to do. Anyone with a Wii U should check it out!

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Aaddron

Credit:
    Lost Odyssey hit Xbox backward compatibility recently and is free until the end of the year. Best JRPG exclusive... possibly best JRPG ever on Xbox Consoles. Really wish we'd get more JRPGs but Xbox does so poorly in Japan it's unlikely to happen. I hoped with Xbox and PS4 being so similar that it'd lead to more ports but it hasn't happened. Least we got FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3... tho in Kingdom Hearts case we didn't get any of the older re-releases PS4 got... which is just baffling.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    Easy to forget how big the 3ds xl is until you don't use one for a while. Wow it's a massive device. The bigger screen size pixelates the graphics too a bit but the addition size is really nice. Still though I think the prefer the smaller one, it's a lot more portable and looks a bit sharper.

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Aaddron

Credit:
    Christmas was interesting, kinda busy, kinda boring but lots of sweets so that was nice. Seemed like the run up took forever but now that it's over it's like whoa it's almost a new year. Weird how that works. Honestly though all I can think about is Jan. 12th. The Nintendo Switch (hopefully) full reveal, it can't come soon enough.

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Spent most of my time in house since its rly cold outside, also preparing myself for new year eve

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Got something sorted out with EA support, gotta say they did pretty good overall. Was pretty surprised. It did take a few tries but it was something pretty complicated but they got it all sorted out. Sony on the other hand is going on into the new year... great.