1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    upload_2017-9-7_17-50-2.png
    Playing dota2 again xD , and i'm gonna doing solo game, you can also add me guys !! :) lets playyy nextt time
    Trying another hero today lol

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Picked up Lego Worlds for Nintendo Switch, first impressions are pretty good. It does have some performance issues, framerate drops are common and the item render distance is absolutely horrible. Pop in is frequent as well. Docked the graphics are pretty crisp but undocked it feels a bit blurry to me, not sure on the exact resolutions. I've also had one crash in my first 4 hours. I haven't tested split-screen but from what I've read of other platforms... probably safe to assume it's makes all performance issues much worse. Supposedly a performance patch for Switch is coming soon, it will bring online play too.

Gameplay is heavy on exploration and discovery. Quests are basically all fetch quests and my understanding is it's remains that way all the way through. Once you reach the 100 Gold Brick goal you can continue to quest but it seems at this time their is no point to completing them. That said I think you can get a decent amount of play time out of getting to 100.

Building has a weird quirk of not being able to rotate bricks on the I think y axis? Or maybe it's the x... I don't know. Beyond that the build tools are very powerful, although quite cumbersome on a controller. They've done what they can to make it easier but it definitely requires patience and practice.

I think it's a great game for kids, especially creative ones. They'll really enjoy it. Adults might generally find it too repetitive or get caught up in it's performance issues. I can't say I'd really recommend it for just building either, might be too slow and frustrating to bother for most. It's $30 digital and $40 physical (includes two DLC free), I'd say it's pretty fair... I think around $15-20 it's a really good buy. They have plans to support it through 2018 as well so lots of patches and DLC coming down the line. The current DLC is a space one, it's $4. It's not terrible for what you get, spent 2 hours or so on the map.

Last thing I'll mention is they don't seem interested in bringing in external IPs so all stuff in the game is from LEGO proper only, no LEGO Star Wars, Marvel etc. Some might find that boring but at the same thing LEGO does have an insane amount of original stuff in it's vault.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Making steady progress on my New Leaf town, feels good to finally get back into the game. Also really enjoying Lego Worlds still, it makes a great portable game. Next week looking forward to NBA 2k18, I may wait for reviews first but otherwise pretty set on getting it. Might also pick up NASCAR Heat 2 but still undecided due to it's 30FPS gameplay on consoles. Only other thing this month is Project Cars 2 which I'm super excited about, bought it years ago now. We may see some indies pop up too, Switch in particular has a few nice ones lurking.

Last bit, rumor has it Nintendo will be holding a Nintendo Direct on Sept. 13th. The person who leaked this previously leaked LA Noire so they have some credibility. Guess we'll see.

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    I logged in on AQ3D after a long time and there was an update. I saw cute bushies walking bit by bit :3 i found out there is a free craftable bush morph. It was the best item on the update for me c: that was a good update after a long time. c:

9. Aaddron

Credit:
  10. Mayonnaise

Credit:
    Just woke up and i recieved a text message saying they are putting my name on the college pageant. I was like :eek: nuuuuu.
    Sheesh. I will talk to my professor later

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Mayonnaise

Credit:
    Revoked my entry! Hmhm. Pageant isnt my thing anyways :p
    And am fat so... no chance at all.

Anyways. I ate a cup noodle which i didnt know was super hot & spicy and my stomach hurt..

13. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've been busy the past few days with work and family. Gotta catch up in AQ3D and LDoE. Wont be playing dota 2 anytime soon while my 2k16 download is about 5gb away from completion!!!

14. Aaddron

Credit:
  15. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Went to the grocery today to stock up supplies because of the weather. My debit card was not recognizee so I had to cash in.... Hopefully the weather gets better. I have a lot of things to do at work already.

16. Mayonnaise

Credit:
    Can you believe it? For the past years of my life this is the only year that i have ever seen an actual firefly .
    I saw one few weeks ago. Then two more just this morning. It felt so amazing and warm to the heart. For reals c:

17. Aaddron

Credit:
  18. paulhar1s50n

paulhar1s50n Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    My copy of WH:Vermintide is still sitting on my desk. Haven't touched it since the day my friend gave me the copy. It's because I don't have much time to play lately due to real life matters. I promise, this weekend I will devote my rest day to gaming!

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Nhecole

Nhecole Princess of Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I dont know what im gonna do thie days, so boring lol. havent played aq3d now cuz i felt something that so hard to explain , ugh whatever :(