1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Community Post-it Wall

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Aaddron, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  2. Aaddron

Credit:
    Apple's battery problem has resulted in Apple promising $29 battery replacements starting next year through the end of 2018 for iPhone 6 and newer. They have multiple lawsuits to fight as well, so it will be interesting to see if anything more comes of it. Regardless, they are so rich none of this will really hurt them.

3. Aaddron

Credit:
  4. Aaddron

Credit:
    Pistons had a great game, was a bit of a surprise given the injuries and the quality of the opponent. I'll take it though, was a fun game to watch.

5. Aaddron

Credit:
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Almost a new year, happy new years all!

Making steady progress on the new years event in Pocket Camp. Should get it done with room to spare, woo! Camp progress overall has slowed though do to higher levels, it's not bad yet but I could see it becoming an issue... I guess they gotta make money at some point right? Not complaining though, have tons of hours to this point so it's been very generous.

Speaking of Nintendo. Amazon apparently put up some placeholders by accident for some new Switch games to be announced at a future Nintendo Direct. No real details are given but last time this happened it turned out to be legit so it's nice to know we have a good chance of new titles being announced soon! It makes sense too as Nintendo really doesn't have a 2018 lineup laid out yet. Fingers crossed Animal Crossing Switch is one of them!

7. Aaddron

Credit:
  8. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    In AQ3D I've been farming for the Stake weapon in the Deepclaw Caverns dungeon. The weapon looks like this, i'm not really interested in the appearance but more so that it's currently the best attack weapon in the game right now. I guess if I had to wear it cosmetically I'd use it with Alpha Pirate.

Only problem is I've ran the dungeon over 1200 times and it still hasn't dropped. The drop is ridiculously low I think you have a 1/1000 chance of getting it. There's a bit less people farming for it now compared to 6 days ago when i first started, but I'm still seeing familiar names. I might stop if I don't get it soon and just hope there's better weapons come Ashfall pt 3.

9. Rex

Credit:
    Finally got the Stake weapon! But for some reason it didn't drop for the other 2 people that were in the dungeon, i'm not sure that's a good thing. I even said "YES!" in the chat but they left quick so it's good they didn't see the message lol. I think the developers should make all drops drop equally, especially given how low the drop with this one is.

10. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Oh, I didnt know it was different for everyone in this particular dungeon.
    I've been farming the stake as well but Im only doing 50 runs a day or an hour. Hopefully I get it soon before the new update.
    Im still hunting for the soulborne axe, zard head and midas curse.
    It would be so sad not to have the soulborne by april because thats when I started playing! One year of hunting should be long enough!!

11. Aaddron

Credit:
  12. Rex

Credit:
    I guess my suggestion is just to attack the boss first before the other 2 people do. I'm not sure if it increases the chance for it to drop but it's worth doing. Even if you don't get it before the Ashfall update i'm sure there will be better weps out you can craft. The stake design is also pretty small ingame.

13. Aaddron

Credit:
  14. Aaddron

Credit:
    We are getting closer to the rumored Nintendo Direct, trying not to hype myself since it's not even guaranteed to happen... let alone have anything decent but I want AC Switch so bad that I can't help but wanna believe lol. Only time will tell!

15. Aaddron

Credit:
  16. Rex

Credit:
    Spent the afternoon playing ice hockey at the park. A few people came we were able to do a 3-on-3 match towards the end which was fun. Hurt my knee on the ice and I can barely walk right now, hopefully the pain goes away before I start class again on tuesday.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  17. Aaddron

Credit:
    Points sent :) Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Rex likes this.
  18. Aaddron

Credit:
    Played some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 today, was faced with a quest that required a random drop... UGH. I hate these quests in MMOs and I hate them even more in my single player games. I went through tons of diving equipment to try an get 5 of these little buggers and finally gave up at 3. Worse is the equipment is pretty expensive and you really don't get enough each dive to cover the cost... so I've drained tons of funds. Why do developers insist on quests like this? Who actually enjoys them? I can't imagine anyone does. They are terrible design.

I have another gripe with the game though. Another quest required materials to be gathered. The game has set gather points around the map and each gather point drops random materials from the area... like one by a lake would drop types of fish etc. Ok so gather X of this right? Except I did every drop point and didn't get enough... the solution? O just get one shot from a high level monster, when you revive without penalty all drop points reset... *facepalm*

I'm just saying... what kind of game design is centered around killing yourself over and over to gather materials from the exact same points again and again, until you randomly get enough of the ones you need. Seriously. What kind of game design is that? I like a lot of things about this game but this is has to be one of the stupidest mechanics I've ever seen, it's so pointless and needlessly time wasting. It makes no sense at all.

19. Aaddron

Credit:
  20. Aaddron

Credit:
    Despite my previous rant and yes I've already hit more quests like that... I'm really enjoying Xenoblade 2. It's got some weird scenes but the story has been pretty solid so far. Gameplay is kinda complicated but I'm starting to get it. So far I really haven't hit any walls, I'm sure that'll probably come but it's been very well paced. The cut scenes, especially fight scenes have been really great.