1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Cross Fire vs. Combat Arms

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, May 1, 2009.

Which is the better online shooter?

1. Cross Fire

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Combat Arms

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tianhui

tianhui Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Its just a phse i hope.
    Combat arms had a similar phase with server hacking but now its just mainly chams i think.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yeah Combat Arms has settled down a lot... people use hacks but most of the time it isn't major hacks that completely destroy the experience. This is Cross Fire's first real test... are they going to stop them or ignore them like many game before them.

3. newbo

newbo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I signed up just to post on this particular thread (how sad is that).
    Let me get this out of the way... Crossfire is a better fps than Combat Arms

I'm a veteran of counter-strike (since 1.4) and for some reason, the Crossfire shooting mechanics seem far more to my liking than the dreadful mechanics of Combat Arms. Yes, Combat Arms is prettier and supports all resolutions and yes they have more guns and such, but cheap tricks don't sway me as easily as decent gameplay. My cs team didn't believe me when I said they would actually have fun playing CF considering they all hated CA however... they are now consistent players of my scrim team for CF (lol). Although I do have to say, if you don't like playing at 1024x768 with terrible textures and no AA, stay away from CF. Other than that. My vote goes for CF. :D

4. treetree45

treetree45 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    crossfire sucks it lags soo much.. and takes forever to download... combat arms also has better graphics and more guns... it also has more skilled people playing it and better community... basically combat arms kicks crossfire's @$$

5. mikecross666

mikecross666 Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    For me i will go for combat arms

6. certifiedimmortal

certifiedimmortal Brute

Credit:
    Lol, how the hell does it lag, and download seriously you need to upgrade. Oh and when I play CA all the skills i see are hacking. :p

7. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Cross Fire less hackers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.