1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Crowns of Power

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by cwest60, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwest60

cwest60 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Often people look for diamonds in the rough, hoping to score the big one. I have played numerous amounts of free MMORPG, and many of them are dull and uninspiring, with a community to match. On a whim of a friend, I began to download a free MMORPG entitled "Crowns of Power." The installation went flawlessly, the game updated fast, and all-in-all it was a relatively small download and fast process.

Character creation peaked my interest. Although your character's appearance cannot be heavily customized (great uniqueness is established by wearing different clothing or items in-game), the magic system jumped out at me. There are five magical schools, each named after a color: red, blue, green, black, white. Each of these colors have a specialty. For example, the white school of magic contains many spells to heal and enhance your teammates. Later in the game (circa level 10) I found out that you can join another magical school. Using a mix of two magical schools, you can pull off a unique combination of attacks, and through this system the game pulls of a great balance in between the different classes.

Community is a big issue for me. In every game, I look for a friendly community (but not too friendly!). In Crowns of Power, many people assisted me and provided information. I have made many friends in-game and we regularly play together, communicate, and collaborate. With the newly-added voice chat feature, we can do this much more efficiently. The size of the community is just right as well, it's not so small as to have a lack of players; in every zone there are a sizable amount of players, and it's not so big as to have a community where no-one knows each other. But, in every community, there are a few bad eggs. Players that attack and murder the innocent, wait in the shadows to kill you or hold vendettas against your guild. Without these types of people, a game would not be complete, which leads me to the next subject.

If one of these "players" decides to kill you, and you have never murdered anyone before, they will become a murderer. This means that their name will appear in red, and if they die, they will drop many of their items. You can kill these murderers with no penalty. If you just attack an innocent person but not kill him, your name will appear in orange, which goes away after you die. To remove the murderer status, you must ask the community for a pardon; if the community so feels it is justified, they will vote yes, and your murderer status will be removed. There’s no need to worry however, as you have to be level twenty, outside of a town, and in a guild to be attacked by pesky murderers. If you just want a friendly engagement, you can duel, which contains no penalties but a humiliating message in world chat if you lose! Ultimately, this player versus player system prevails, as it punishes those who seek chaos, so only the strongest can succeed in the path of chaos. And those who seek justice have many opportunities to defend.

The world is expansive and mysterious. There are swamps, deserts, dungeons, grasslands, mountains, rivers, and lakes to explore. You may get lost and find yourself up against a monster that is far superior to yourself, aggressively chasing after you with a blood lust. You may get lost and find a secret haven full of treasures and good experience that you can keep all to yourself!

The monsters that you must fight vary widely and have great intelligence. In swamps, you can swim underwater and find a crocodile, snake or turtle swimming toward you. In dungeons, zombies, arachnids and other undead creatures may be harshly limping toward you. Each monster has many unique characteristics. They also contain a good amount of artificial intelligence; they will buff themselves if possible, and if they have the spells, they will also heal themselves (or even their teammates) when they are low health. It is very dangerous to fight an angry mob of monsters when there are shamans in the back constantly healing the little damage you take! Every so-often you may come across a boss monster. This boss monster deals a lot more damage, and takes a lot less. If you so possess the skill needed to beat such a beast, you may find yourself quite a bit wealthier than before you laid hands on him.

Say that boss was a little too hard for you, and you weren't able to kill it. Well, why not call your guild-mates in for a group party so you can take up to ten people to simultaneously battle the bloodthirsty beast? Guilds are a large group of players who have banded together to mutually help each other. Crowns of Power has a full user interface with ranks, guild halls, and other benefits. Parties can group together and when they down a monster, everyone gets experience and a chance at getting items. If your guild and another guild decide they do not like each other, you can even take over their guild hall if you possess the power.

There are many items in the game as well. You'll find that no two players use the same set of items. Items have many unique characteristics and can add onto your base stats. You may get an axe that enhances your Strength stat by ten, or a cloak that enhances your Intelligence stat by twenty. You may get an epic lore item that follows the in-depth game story.

Finally, I’d like to touch on the developers. They are very responsive, both in-game and in the forums. They actively answer questions, give feedback, and solve reported problems. Unlike many other games, it is not uncommon to see a developer actually playing the game. Just the other morning I was asking a developer questions about the new patch inside of Crowns of Power, and he responded quickly with just the answers I wanted. Lately, every few weeks there has been a new patch to fix issues and add new features.

If you so feel it, you can also enhance your character and gain an edge in the market by spending a few dollars on an alternative in-game currency called "points." They are very reasonably priced. It’s still very possible to survive and thrive in the game without spending any money, as you can obtain value items that can be sold to other players for points.

In conclusion, I will say that this was just the game I was looking for. I've made friends, enemies, and enjoy the expansive world and content that is constantly expanded and added on to. And all of this with no price attached, as it's totally free. So I guess in that rough, there was a diamond, and it's big. Sorry I wrote so much Crowns of Power - Free 3D Graphical Online Role-Playing Game

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
  2. justiceforall

justiceforall Ogre Newling

Credit:
    this is an amazing game!!!!!!

3. cwest60

cwest60 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    yeah i was a beta tester and it just came out to the public just wanted to review it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.