1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Daylight Saving Time

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Well it's almost time to switch time back an hour, unless you live somewhere that does not observe Daylight Saving Time. Most of the U.K. will switch to standard time this Sunday (Oct. 29), and most of the U.S. will switch to standard time next Sunday (Nov. 5). What do you like/dislike about Daylight Saving Time?

For me, I dislike setting up clocks, but most importantly, I dislike DST overall. It messes up my circadian rhythm so often that it takes months to adapt to the new times. The only good thing about DST is when you get that extra hour when switching to standard time, but you lose an hour when switching to daylight time during the Spring.

2. Masi Bugatti

Masi Bugatti Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I don't mind changing the time once a while

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't mind changing my clock to current time, but it can mess up my sleeping schedule even more for few days until i get used to the change.

4. Can't wait to re-live my 1:00 AM experience twice. The great thing about today is having an extra hour, which means I don't really have to worry about my schedule. It'll be a nightmare in the spring though.

5. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It doesn't mess up my sleeping schedule but seeing it dark outside by 5 PM is something I dislike

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When it's dark outside, i attend to get sleepy and it's not that surprising really. My sleeping rhythm will change a bit with all that darkness coming earlier, but it's easy to get used to.

7. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I usually keep my clocks, out of pure laziness, on the upper hour for several weeks to months but still manage to get up and ready for the day on time. I agree though, I don't like how it gets dark so early.

8. Interesting. I keep devices that I don't use as often at the same time it has been at. Most other devices I use often are automatically updated such as my phone.

9. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    When clocks are supposed to be changed to current time, i will do it pretty much immediately when i get a chance to do so. I don't like forgetting things so that's why i want to stay updated as possible.

10. Depending on if the device automatically updates time or not, I usually update the clock before I sleep, so on the Saturday before Daylight Saving Time.

11. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    My iPhone is usually the only thing that updates on it's own.

12. Not even your computer? My iPhone automatically updates, but also the computer that I use; I even get an alert on my calendar on my computer of when a time change is approaching. I even have an alarm clock that updates itself, but everything else, I usually have to update manually.

13. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    My computer does update to the current time, but it doesn't do it right. It will either set it an hour too fast or slow for whatever reason compared to my other devices and i have to manually change it after this "update".

14. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Totally forgot about my computer, good catch.

15. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Daylight savings time seems rather dumb to me. But whenever I'm in the states I still do it.

16. Not ready for next Sunday, because I'll only have 23 hours to enjoy the weekend. I think the world should just abandon DST altogether, because there's little good that it serves, especially since the world is less agricultural where the time of day really matters for most people.

At least for people in the UK, they don't have to deal with it until March 28th, but on the other hand, I think it's bad to have DST observed out of sync (where U.S. observes it on March 14, but U.K. observes it on March 28th). It's just a mess for international companies.