1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you ever fear becoming famous in real life, or would you enjoy becoming famous?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Aug 24, 2017.

How would you rather enjoy your life?

1. By living a completely obscure life.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. By living somewhat obscure, but not completely unknown to the rest of the world.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. By being connected to thousands to billions of people.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Fame has its pros and cons. Some pros to being famous are that you'd be recognized by a lot of people, generally become rich though not always true, and more likely to get better treatment and more opportunities. The cons to being famous are that you'd have less privacy (prone to stalkers, hackers, etc.), would probably have to accept a lot of criticism and hate, and have fans constantly trying to ask you for favors like an autograph and a picture.

For me, I would prefer just being myself rather than being some celebrity. I like having my own privacy, and fame and fortune are the least important things in my life.

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I would rather not be famous because well we have seen what fame can do to people and i really don't like to be on the spotlight of attention and rather be outside of it because it would be too much for me to handle.
    Fame and fortune attends to attract people towards you that want to take advantage of them so yeah i really don't want to be famous in anyway that would give me too much of either.

3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I personally would like to be famous.

4. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Id rather be rich than famous. Not an attention whore but not against the spotlight either.

5. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think under the right circumstances I wouldn't mind being famous if it meant making money. Some of the music artists I listen to are considered rich by most standards but they don't have paparazzi at their door.

6. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well depends... What i would become famous for and what kind of financial state i would be in!!! Famous people especially the ones currently in the spotlight have NO PRIVACY!!!

7. RavenJames

RavenJames Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    famous? nope. rich? YEEESS.

8. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    connected to the 'thousands' in aq3d community i love it, talking about irl i actually will be staying in a really obscure town with a small population with many relatives and that matters to me, the extreme low-price homes counting. i can think of retiring relatively soon at my age (19) in a few years and have freedom with them

9. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Being connected to billions of people, getting many people to know you is scary.

10. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i dont want to be famous.. but i wana be rich hehe

Straw likes this.
  11. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I don't want to be famous as well. Just want to have a normal life. I'm the type of a guy that's easily satisfied on things.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  12. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Im pretty anti social and I would very much not like whatever comes with being famous. I would much rather be wealthy but not super well known.

13. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There's many pros and cons to it, like getting all the fame and money and respect(probably) but also having no private life and stuff. Personally, I wouldn't want the celebrity life.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I think there are more cons than people realize. When you're a celebrity, all eyes are on you, and the things you do and say have an impact on the people looking at you. And aside from that, because people recognize you, you'll need your own personal safety, mental health training, and more control in the choices you make. I wouldn't mind being rich, but fame is a dangerous game.

15. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Nope, have 0 interest in that. I think it would suck to be honest. I'm sure for the right type of people it'd be the greatest thing ever but for me no way.

16. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Not at all. Being popular can get to you and more younger you are, more it's going to affect you. I prefer to be a nobody.

17. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    I rather be a medium-sized celebrity. Like I dunno.. What is "Skee-Lo" up to these days?

18. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Medium-sized celebrity wouldn't be too bad. At least you won't be bombarded with a bunch of stuff, but I think it would still suck trying to live a normal life. I mean it would probably be cool seeing fans talk to you at a random visit to a grocery store, but it would feel awkward if that happened every day.