1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think AQ3D will surpass AQW in popularity?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Will AdventureQuest 3D beat Adventure Quest Worlds in player counts when it goes live?

Highest player counts i've seen in AQW was 56k+ back in 2010 when J6 did his first stream in game.

2. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    The the max capacity of each server in AQ3D is 5k players, i think we never hit that even at release days. I have a feeling that the game is actually losing players those last months.

Blasphy likes this.
  3. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It's still too soon to tell, aqw reached peak 2 years after release.. they also got weekly releases while aq3d releases like twice a month if not once a month... I think they can if theyre smart about releasing content... And they're on multiple platforms so the potential is definitely there

4. Hasn't AQ3D already surpassed AQWorlds' popularity?
    [​IMG]

I would even say AQWorlds has had a declining population since maybe 2014; there aren't as many players online as there used to be years before. AQ3D's actually gained a lot of attention since the game's been promoted by various MMO sites, was shown in many conferences, and even made headlines of a Florida news channel. AQ3D has a better chance of being successful anyway, and there'll probably be more players as soon as the game goes Live.

5. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    It does appear to be the case that AQ3D is already more popular than AQW. It didn't come as a surprise, but we haven't seen how far AQ3D will go when it goes live so until then we will wait for that to happen and witness how popular it will become.

6. When Live arrives, there will probably be a deluge of players entering the game. The AQ3D team would probably have to activate its other servers, but maybe all of its servers won't be able to handle, or possibly hold, the deluge of players that enter the game. As ridiculous as it may sound, I would expect maybe 20k players (old and new players) entering the game when the game goes Live. The AQ3D team will definitely have to come prepared on that day.

7. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I would like to see that happening as well that those other servers become usable by players so for now AE is just waiting more players come when AQ3D goes live. I do hope we get a lot of people so we won't have too many nearly empty servers, but this is going to be happening isn't it? I am hopeful and worried about how things will work out.

8. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    If you see those graph the year was 2016 that time AQW has been already dying. I would love to see AQ3D surpassing AQW based on 2008-2012 and 2018-20?? n AQ3D.

9. Well one thing that'll help define AQ3D in a better shape in terms of popularity is quality. From the players I've spoken to, they find that a lot of releases are rushed, even the recently released Darkovia Part II, and sometimes those players don't even feel like continuing the game because of the game's quality. Too many typos, bugs, and other issues, even if the game's still in Beta, aren't good for the game; the AQ3D team could do public PTRs for its releases, before releasing them live, which would be a wiser choice. When there's more quality, then the game can grow more. I just don't expect the game to surpass the popularity of AQWorlds back in 2012 because the game doesn't meet expectations of many gamers.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    You know that gamers now do have higher expectations compared to when AQW came out so it's not surprising to see people dropping out their interest on AQ3D. I have to agree that latest release felt rushed: Dungeons were way too easy, they are quite soloable even without great gear and a quite many reskinned items came along for example. There were good moments too like continuation of the storyline and more lore surrounding Darkovia. I do agree that they should do more public PTRs, we even didn't get to test Darkovia part 1 (i think it was hinted that we could get a chance to do some testing?) so i am all up for more public PTR testing.

11. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    While aqw has peaked and aq3d has barely taken off yet but were already comparing them? The question already proves aq3d will surpass aqw.

12. Setsou

Setsou Brute

Credit:
  13. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not necessarily. For all we know we could be living in the peak of AQ3D right now player base wise since the game appeals more to fans of previous AE games.

AQW's peak had 20k, sometimes 25k-30k players online during anticipated events. They're gonna have to do better at attracting non-AE players if they want to reach the popularity AQW has.

14. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It will. Or not, If AE still plays the delay thing.

15. Wooden Toaster

Wooden Toaster Little Spike New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    it will surpass AQW once it becomes a full game.

16. Xenokult

Xenokult Big Brute New Ogre
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    In my opinion AQ3d can be the best of AE team for sure !

Ylber likes this.
  17. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    I wana see it surpass runescape I never played aqw

18. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    When I made this post there was about 4500-5000 players online now it hovers between 2500-3000 so you never know in like 1-2 years. I don't wish to see my childhood game die though.

19. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yes hopefully when the game finally goes live :D

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That makes you wonder how many new players AQ3D will get when that happens?