1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Dota 2

Discussion in 'DotA' started by Supernatural, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I recently got into Dota2 CBT and I'm really not impressed, the game looks a lot like HoN and it feels almost the same. I haven't really enjoyed in it much but don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just strange, or I am getting used to LoL more and more every day so everything similar feels strange :)

Did anyone else played it and what do you think?

2. infina

infina MMORPG Addict Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I've already been in the Dota 2 beta for quite some time. Haven't played much lately though.

It indeed seems similar to HoN. The strange thing however is that for me HoN was really hard to get into. I quit HoN pretty quick. It might be a flaw in HoN matchmaking for new players to be honest. I remember I got matched against players who weren't new to the game. I don't have a solid reason why, but I enjoy Dota 2 a lot more than I enjoyed HoN.

3. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I somehow like HON way more, DOTA 2 didn't bring up anything new...

4. 我好人

我好人 BamBam

Credit:
    People who are used to Dota will quickly adapted with Dota2.

The key, items, heroes, even heroes picking now can easily categories for easier picking by dragging them. A good recommendation is to drag the items/heroes according to Dota hero tavern or Dota item shop. I have seen many done that.

The latency quite good. One does not simply lag with latency below 250ms. The MM also pretty good, lose and abandon is hidden and MM only calculated by the algorithm, and easily reconnect fast if someone happens to get disconnected.

Player can see their own skill scale of their used heroes in average among all the dota2 players at their own level, so this could show that how they really good, or bad in that hero. Some people has 16-4 win/lose stat for zeus for example, but the scale only showed him as 1 star bar player only for that hero - bad zeus user. He can know he needs to improve himself.

Other than that the customization is quite awesome. Different heroes might have 3-4 set of customization that can be seen by other players as well. Ain't that cool? Tidehunter is wearing a big bone on his back and using big anchor as weapon. Cosmetic nonetheless, but still, it is cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.